Who Do I Love

is Margarette Danes

I spend most of my time online, playing games, writing, watching movies and anime, reading manga, uploading and editing some pictures on an online application, managing pages and different sites.

I have two accounts on facebook, one is a private/personal account for some of my personal friends and relatives; the other one is a public account for games and knowing or adding different people from different countries, cultures or religions.

One day I was browsing on my public account, I saw this pretty lady. Well, she’s that pretty I assure you. So what I did was I added her as my friend and I’ve waited for almost half a month for her to accept my friend request, I haven’t lost track of that one because I’m always checking out her pictures, information and posts on her account.

Until one afternoon when I’m  about to go to a friends party, I went online and saw a notification, saying that she already accepted my friend request. I checked on her account and posted a thank you message on her wall. The day after, she replied;

“You’re welcome” with a smiling emoticon.

I decided to send her a personal message saying some simple hi and asking how’s her day? The typical “The Moves”as most people refer to it, but in my defense, it’s just me being friendly.

She never replies to my message and every time Im posting some comments on her wall, she’ll just like it but without commenting on it. Until after some weeks or couple of months, I saw her facebook status about her mothers’ death. Although I still didn’t know much about her, what I know is that she needs someone to talk to and needs some comforting, she needs to smile though she really can’t fake it.

Though it’s not very consistent because its not on an every day basis, ever since that day, we started exchanging personal messages, sharing some stories and discovered some things, even the most obvious and most simplest things I didn’t notice before we even started exchanging messages on facebook. We have a lot of common friends on my public account, and though I’m two years older then her, we did go to the same school when we were in high school. One of her best friends is my former colleague on my previous employer and our school mate back then, so I figured out that we could start out by talking about something on our high school life. We do spend some quality time online, talking about random things, exchanging thoughts and point of views. Well, for me that is.

As I hear her side, thoughts, some of her views in life and her dreams, I thought to myself that she’s just another girl who wants some attention, another girl who feels very pretty and always wanted to be appreciated and just another someone. Until I received a friend request with a familiar display photo, it was her, just like me, she also has her public and private account but unlike mine, her private account tells a lot of story, shares a lot of the real her, shows pictures of what’s really happening in her life and it also have those relatives and special friends she have. Of course, that the account she added was my public account, so in return I added her on my private account too.

Thing are almost the same, exchanging messages and talking about random stuffs, we talk a lot about foods, I think that if we have same thing in common, it’s food addiction. Then, we exchange phone numbers and we became closer and closer, given the fact that we haven’t seen each other yet personally or talked over the phone.