5- work

[A week pass]

Walking to the front of an old saloon I thought,

'Phew, finally my own house instead of leaching off of Sheriff's house.'

I push the wooden gate open to find chairs and tables all around and my own bartending area.

 'Not so shabby' I beam happily.

I walk to the stairs to the right of the bar counter, while caressing my index finger on the dusty tables one by one passing by before rubbing it off with my two fingers. Going up the creaking stairs I move the small cobwebs out of my way and reach to a door separating both rooms. I grab my key and unlock the door revealing bookshelves, a decent size bed, a small chilling area and some other stuff.

Mostly it was covered in dust but it's fine since I just need to clean the building and it'll be completely brand new.

[Cleaning time, To tHe SaLoN]

'The last wipe on the table anddd am done!' I look around to the much cleaner building than before with accomplishment and sweat dripping down my face.

 The gate swings up with a silhouette man appearing, "Woah you really did a good working on cleaning this rusty ol building up." It was Sal.

I nod at him before questioning, "He finally let you out after some convincing?" I chuckle at the man plopping down at a seat with a sigh of relief.

"Yup and gee why didn't you tell me he's strict and judgey. I swore he was gonna hunt me down with his glare." He says pushing his brown hair back with his fingers.

I shrug walking back to my counter to place down my dirty cloth, "Ain't a sheriff's job to do that? I mean he wasn't so ham on me wait.. welll.." I pause a moment thinking of what happened these past 3 weeks. "Am pretty sure we're friends now."

Sal rose his brow, "It sounds like your not actually friends with him and just in your mind of yours." He lifts his index finger and points at me. 

I sarcastically said, "Nahhhh that could never." Wrapping my white and newly apron around me he roll his eyes and smiled, I'm  finally ready to open!

I walk to the entrance and flipped the sign to open, waiting for customers I walk behind the counter while Sal and I chit chatted about some stuff like our past.

A few minutes passed and our conversation turned dry, like not even a tiny drop of water to keep it going. My train thoughts continued on how to extend our talk but got interrupted by a cough from Sal.

"You got your first customer." He points at the mocha brown hair guy standing infront of the door like a robot.

 I greet the man with a friendly expression and he greets me back. He walks up to the counter and sits down on a stool. I pass him a menu I created before hand and fidgets nervously waiting for his order in silence.

He says in a sort of asking tone, "Hmmm.. can I have the Volcanic Stone..?". 

I nod, "Sure, coming right up." I quickly gather my supplies and begin making the drink.

"Sooo how's it here random guy?" Sal said attempting to make a conversation with no reply back atleast I thought.

The guy quickly looked around before looking at Sal staring at him, "Oh! I thought you were talking to the bartender sorry, well it's good I've been here for quite a while barely any new comers like you though." He chuckles timidly from the new face around here.

"What about him?"  Sal points to me with his thumb and the guy turns his head to my direction. 

"I'm used to him because of how I often see him with the Sheriff." 

I place his drink infront of him and he quickly looks at the drink while Sal cocked his brow up from the statement.

[time passes by]

Tom takes off his hat and ruffle his hair as he sits down sighing. He raise his head and scan around the Bar to see a sort of empty environment but even so it's quite lively.

Small chatters are heard and clanking of the cups, the soft yellow dim lights fill the atmosphere with a strange cozy feeling that makes you feel like you're at home. 

Tord takes notice of the Sheriff's prescience before handing out the menu. 

"How's work today?"

"Normal as always, so how about your job? It's not bad for the first opening ay?" Tom smiles at this lovely sight.

"You're darn right, this place might not be bad after all." Tord smiles back and went back to doing the customers order. 

Tom gaze shifts back to the menu taking his time,  there are a few new drinks, some old ones and more varieties. Even for a newly bar it still had lots of drinks which is surprising to see only one person handling all of the drinks here.

"So are you ready to order Sheriff?" 

"Mhm, can I get a ........" 

[timeskip]

Tom slam his glass cup on the counter after taking the last cup being the only person there. Sal did chat with him for a few but then left earlier. 

Tom sometimes crack out a stupid joke here and there making it harder for Tord to find out if he's sober or not. Tord chuckles and grab the cup to clean.

Tom hesitates, "Hey Tord?"

"Hm?"

"Wanna hangout on Thursday?" A slight visible pink tint wash over his face.

"Sure i'm free anyways but why?"

"No idea just felt like it." He shrugs and sunk into his seat

Tord cocks up his brow wanting to speak but didn't continue asking anymore since it'll be a free day off. Tom slowly rises from his seat and swiftly wore his hat.

"Well see you Tord." He waves a soft bye before heading out.

"Bye Thomas." Tord waves back and chuckles quietly at the sight of Tom stumbling a bit.

'What a weirdo'