Chapter 5

The encounter last night has been a talk and main topic in our group chat. Miriam couldn't stop thinking about the man that I almost want to tape her mouth. She's been sending voice messages, talking about how oozing hot the guy is. Brokenhearted lang siya kagabi and now she can't forget about the guy and wants to find him even.

I can't really tell because I can't focus on that man last night. My eyes was busy roaming somewhere. And by helping and monitoring her nga. She was too drunk.

I won't let them drink next time. Ang hilig uminom pero hindi naman kaya ang sarili.

"Sumama ka na, Manuel." Pamimilit ni Amanda habang ang buong mukha ay kitang kita sa screen ng iPad ko. Ako naman ay diretso sa pagsimsim ng gatas ko. Nakaupo pa sa sofa namin sa salas.

Nagyayaya na naman siya. Ang nasa isip ko lang buong araw ay magpahinga. Lunes na ulit bukas kaya gusto ko sana ay magpahinga muna. It'll be a hell week since puspos na kami sa training. Coach Joe is getting stricter.

"Hindi pwede. Why don't you just stay at home? May training pa bukas--"

She rolled her eyes as if she was tired hearing my reasons.

"Yun na nga. May training na bukas, last chance na natin 'to! Let's have fun!"

I shooked my head firmly.

"No is no, Amanda." I said with finality.

Lalong lumobo ang pisngi niya dahil sa naging sagot ko. She was so eager to convince me that she invited Rory and Miriam to our video call causing much trouble.

Unang bumungad ang mukha ni Miriam. She's inside her room based on the background. While Rory was in the gym, I could tell. There were gym equipments behind her.

"What's up, ladies?" Bati ni Rory.

She continue her slow walk on the treadmill. Puno pa ng pawis habang suot ang isang compression shirt with a Nike logo on the side.

"Abot hanggang dito ang baho mo, Robina Gloria!" Amanda laughed loud that I can't help but push the device away from my face.

She's so loud!

"Ang baho ng pangalan ha!" Asar ni Amanda kay Rory.

"I know right." Sang ayon ni Miriam.

The woman they're teasing just stuck her tongue out at the two. While I was just watching them bicker. A bit thankful that their attention was not on me now.

But that didn't last.

"Tahimik ah." Puna ni Rory habang malaki ang ngisi. Nakatungo na ngayon sa screen, umalis na sa treadmill at naglalakad na.

"Kaya nga. Pasimple ka, Manuel! Tara na kasi!" Amanda is onto it again.

I was to throw them my reasons again when I saw a familiar build on my screen. Dahil ang sofa namin ay nakatalikod sa pinto ng kwarto, hagip ang pinto ng kwarto nila Mama sa screen.

Nilingon ko ito agad.

"Pa." Bati ko.

He was eyeing my iPad. Sa halip nga na lumayo dahil nakikitang may kausap ako ay lalo pang lumapit. I'm sure he heard our conversation.

When I took a glance at it, I saw Amanda and Miriam waved their hand and Rory's phone camera was directed at the gym's ceiling. She was nowhere to be found in the frame.

"Hi, Tito!" The two said in chorus.

Nang lingunin ko si Papa ay tumango lang siya sa dalawa at ngumiti. Bago lumapit na mismo para lang makiusyoso. He put his hand on the top of the sofa's back rest as he crouched down to see my iPad's screen more.