CHAPTER 3

Asiel's POV

   It's been a year and a half since that accident happened, an accident where I Beru almost killed someone in this life and of course where my family has a glimpse of my power. Of course, the explanation and answer to almost all the questions my family has. I'm a fool if I answered all of it honestly, I still reverse some of my story to not overwhelm them at once.

  When I explained and answered their questions I can already see the pros and cons that my power will bring our family. Although they are happy for me and mad for hiding my true ability and mana, I can feel how Curtis gets awkward and tense every time we talk about the shadows.

I'm not that naive to think that it is all just about the fear and horror he witnesses that time. Now that they know that I am that powerful, he will feel threatened for the crown he owns although I don't care nor interest to become a king after all Curtis deserves the crown in addition to the fact that it is his right as a first born son.

  He is just being stupid and foolish for not remembering that I am an omega that can't succeed to the throne. Not my fault that he is being difficult and hardheaded, not listening and thinking for a second before making our relationship become awkward for no reason.

   You can't just imagine how uncomfortable that whole month is for us before I decided that I had enough and talked to him, rather  dragged him to the garden and scolded him for at least an hour. I even hit his arm, apologize for having a short height and having a hard time hitting his head. He should be glad that I didn't have my fan at that  time or I would really hit him at the head to wake him up.

  He never said a word after that for either being embarrassed for being stupid or not wanting anyone to know what a fool he is for a month because of his jealousy towards me for no reason. Sometimes, I really ask myself if he is really the older one or me being more mature than him. He's so immature and reckless for my liking and it is a big deal after all the things I've done in my past life. It's rather a confidence in my skills and ability that time than just my stupidest, reckless behavior.

  I'm just glad that we fixed our relationship before it totally got ruined because of his misunderstanding. While Kathyln just accepts it without a second thought maybe because we are twins and all that he will accept me no matter who or what I am. It's weird but it makes me feel warm knowing that he believes and trusts me so much.

The only thing that changes to them is they are not that protective of me. They didn't treat me anymore like I am a fragile child that can break easily although the affections are still there if not get worse. The annoying part is that my father wants me to tell him if something happens, either my shadow got stronger, my mana increases or if it is their side effects etc.

The good thing is my father let me train with Curtis who has a personal teacher in almost everything, something that an Heir or a member of the royal family needs in order to enhance their talent. It's boring for the reason that I am more powerful than the teacher and it is basic, not that I can show it. If only I could just do it without raising any questions, sigh.

  It's so boring, the only thing I can do is read and study minus my training in any different weapon everything is worthless and useless for me. Beru or Igris can teach me more efficiently than those pathetic tutors that Curtis have. I can read all the history of the kingdom in books and all and so on. They are just wasting my time for a useless reason.

  "Asiel, do you have any plans dear?" Mother asked while we were drinking tea.

  Speaking of plans, Curtis is attending Xyrus Academy and from what I heard Kath will also attend school next year. I don't know why they even go to the Academy if we can just hire some professor to teach and train us.