Made You Look

Derek's POV:
You know, I guess I really take for granted hearing how people feel out loud. It's one thing to just feel some type of way about someone, and another thing entirely to feel and hear how someone else feels. Now I see why Trevor was glitching before; him telling me he loves me is a stealth attack I thought I would always be prepared for.

I was wrong.

My heart is being real defiant right now, beating faster than I want it to. And my face? What's up with my face? Why can't I stop smiling; the harder I try the more futile it seems. Then there's my brain. Who told it to play images of Trevor on repeat.

I'm a mess. An absolute mess. And it's all his fault, that stupid, handsome jerk. I love him so much, it's pissing me off.

Somehow, I regain enough control over myself to follow Trev downstairs. The smell of delicious food fills my nostrils, and I'm reminded how hungry I really am.

Trevor is already sat at the table, loading up his plate, and I come sit across from him.

"Glad you guys finally made it." His mom says, making sure all the dishes are arranged on the table so we can grab a serving of what we like. There's meatloaf glazed with ketchup on top, a mountain of thick, crispy fries, a bowl of seasoned peas, a hearty bowl of salad, buttered dinner rolls and I spy a chocolate cake on the counter. Dessert seems to be taken care of too. "Don't be shy, Derek, help yourself. His mom directs me, snapping me out of my admiration of all the food. His mom really was a great cook.

"I grab a plate myself and slap a decent hunk of meatloaf on my plate with a roll, fries, and some salad.

The food looks amazing, but for some reason, when I glance up and see Trev, I can't help but stare. He's just shoveling food in his mouth like a starving pilgrim, but I feel like I don't wanna look away. My chest blooms, and I feel my face heating. "Whoa, whoa, look here body," I think to myself "we are not doing this crap right now.

I try stuffing my face to distract myself, and the food is really delicious like always but, my feelings won't subside. I glance at Trevor every 3 seconds, and then I find myself smiling and looking away embarrassed every so often like a ditzy female anime protagonist.

What the hell did that bastard do to me.

"Mom your cookings always the best!" Trevor says with jubilee. "Meatloaf is my favorite!" Trevor says, waving his hands in the air like he just doesn't care; dorkishly celebrating like this is a 4th grade class party.

He's so fucking cute.

I catch myself mid thought. Derek get it together. I try to calm myself down. For God's sake, he's just eating and dancing like some bad influencer just did a challenge. Are you really going to lose your composure over him doing the Egyptian dance in between bites? This is what you're losing to?

"Derek, are you ok?" Trevor asks, smiling at me. "You look a little strange." Yeah, well, who's fault is that, you adorable little...

"Oh yeah I'm fine, just really loving this food ya know; Mrs. M you really out did yourself." I say tring to keep my voice even.

"Oh thank you Derek, it's no trouble. It's good I can flex my cooking skills by always counting on you guys to have a big appetite." She looks over to Trev. " Trevor, slow down, the foods not going anywhere. You're eating like you've been stranded on a deserted island for months. Try having more manners like Derek." His mom says, scolding her son's wild way of eating.

Trevor scoffs. "Him? You should've seen when I bought those snacks; he attacked those things like feeding time at the zoo." Trevor explains with his mouth simi-full with food.