Well Adjusted

Trevor's POV:
Curled up in a tangle of limbs and after thoughts from the prior night, I find myself lightly blinking amongst Derek's slow, peacful breathing in a state of serene silence.

Secured by my boyfriend's simple, warm presence and the tease of morning rays of sunshine, I felt in that moment a calm that would rival eastern monks meditating amdist cascading waterfalls on thier journey for self enlightenment.

I always feel like I'm on a journey when Derek's around, and it feels like just in the past 2 days, we've been on 3 different campaigns; rough tours around war infested topography just to emerge stronger, smarter and closer than ever.

Soilders in arms. Holders in each other's arms. Fighters, survivors, conquerors. My mind casually runs through all the millitary allusions I can muster, no doubt spurred by the 2 war games we played before bed. 1 on a tv screen, the other under the sheets, and both ending with a satisfied triumph followed by tranquility.

I could think about all the deep and joyful malarkey in reference to yesterday all day as I lay here with my boy, if not for one tiny fact, I seem to be unaware of.

My phone reminds me.

Blaring like an ambulance set on fire in GTA, my phone attempts to be the biggest attention whore in history; the deafening but upbeat music blasting from the small speakers on my device is it's obvious, jelous attempt to seperate me from Derek and my bed.

Lucky for the petty electronic, it works as Derek and I, skyrocket from our laid position, a sudden and somewhat painful departure as our arms and legs were crisscross like a tic-tac-toe board that was on the spectrum.

Yelping, sharp inhales, and groggy moaning all follow in a cacophony of confusion as me and Derek struggle to find our footing, or any other body part for that matter, during the demonic wake-up call.

"Fucking hell balls"! Derek swears as he sits up scowling at the interruption from his peaceful respite. "Turn that shit off, Trevor. I hate alarms!" Derek sleepily mutters.

Thinking quickly, I slide my thumb over the clock icon on my screen, silencing the baby behemoth for at least 5 more minutes. Why I just don't completely turn the alarm off is a question I've never been able to answer on any given school day.

My eyes shoot wide with realization then, and a slightly cold dispair settles in my bones. It hits me all at once, and I feel like I could cry at any moment. Ready or not, it's here to rear its ugly head again. The bane of almost every sane person's existence.

Monday morning.

"Ah, crap baskets." I whisper as Derek starts to resituate himself in an attempt to resist the abrupt awakening.

Wait until he realizes resistance is futile.

"Derek," I say hesitantly "you do know my alarm went off because its Monday right? We have school soon." I tried to deliver the message as calmly as I could, but from the way Derek freezes at my words and his face twists into a scowl, I can only guess he didn't take the bad news too well.

"Goddamn Fucking cock-sucking bitch ass mother fuckers on toast!" He exclaims.

I was right.

Defiantly, Derek grabs his blanket, his pillow, and his boyfriend, that's me, and rearranges them into the dark paradise that was shattered mere moments ago in a last ditch effort to defy fate.

"Derek, you know we have to..." I get cut off by Derek covering my mouth with his in a hastened kiss full of vigor.

"All we have to do is lay here and go back to sleep, Trev." He says dreamily as if he could sway me to stay on the dark side with the imminent threat of learning looming over our future.