Chapter 2

Angelina's POV

Things are abnormally quiet these days. I know I should be grateful for that, but I am getting this feeling in my gut that this silence will not end well. Yesterday, I tried to contact headquarters but received no response from there. I wish Arie was here; she's good at handling these things. Ask me to punch a six-five tall man and I'll beat the shit out of him. But having a civil conversation with those HQ numbskulls? Impossible. I'll contact Arie in the evening. She is quite busy these days with her magazine work. Despite being in the same country, it is difficult for us to meet.

"Dione," Melissa's voice, laced with irritation, pierced through my thoughts.

"Yes, Mellisa," I asked her, concerned.

"Can you come to the counter? A customer is giving me a headache"

"What happened?" I asked her worried, moving towards the counter.

"See that man over there? He's having a heated argument about the bill," she said, gesturing towards a well-dressed individual who appeared visibly angry.

"Sir, how may I help you?" I asked, adapting a placating tone, not wanting to create any scene.

"Who is the owner here? I don't want to waste my energy on people like you," he scoffed, wrinkling his nose in disdain.

"That would be me. Tell me what's wrong," I said, attempting a polite smile.

"What's wrong? Everything is wrong here and looking at you, I can tell why it is so." His face twisted into a disgusted expression as he looked in my direction.

Oh, boy! My fists clenched. It had been a while since my knuckles met flesh. This man was practically begging for it.

NO! Stop! My subconscious screamed at me. You are not supposed to fight here.

"How may I help you, sir?" I tried to sound as calm as I could.

"This lady over here charged me extra for a croissant that I never ordered," I looked at Mellisa. She was so done with this conversation.

"Sir, as I can see, you ordered a croissant with an espresso," I told him firmly

"Yes, that was my original order, but I don't want it anymore," I sighed. This man is dumber than I thought he was.

"However, as you can see, it's already served, and our policy doesn't allow order cancellations after service."

"I haven't touched it! I don't want it!" his voice rose a decibel.

"I understand your frustration, sir. However, our policy remains firm." I told him as calmly as I could "See Miss.." he tried to argue but I cut him mid-sentence "If you are facing any issue other than this I am happy to call customer support" This time I am looking at him with a frustrating expression. He huffed, slammed some euros on the counter, and muttered a curse before storming out.

"Have a good day, sir," I yelled from behind.

"Nicely handled." I turned around to see Liam standing behind me with a grin.

I smiled weakly, "Just another day at the cafe."

"I am waiting for Stella. We will order when she arrives," he took a long pause before adding, "If that is okay with you," Melissa chuckled at his hesitant tone. I gestured for him to sit. "Whenever you're ready, sir."

As I was about to leave, Stella burst in, flustered. "I am sorry, I am sorry, I got stuck with some paperwork in the office and couldn't..."

"Calm down" I directed her toward the seat beside Liam.