Chapter 5

Angelina's POV

Music blasted from behind, mingling with the clinking of glasses and lively chatter that filled the room. Laughter echoed off the walls as Boris strode in front of us, I was standing beside Stefano. He didn't notice me at first when he called out for Stefano. Stefano walked up to him and introduced Liam and Stella to him, maintaining a polite demeanor, though I detected a hint of seriousness in his tone. Did he know something about Boris? Impossible to say. The bigger concern now is how the hell Boris fucking Smirnov ended up here and what connection he had with Liam's cousin.

I observed him closely as Stella approached me. "And this is my friend, Dione," she exclaimed excitedly. Boris's eyes shifted towards me, and he walked towards us with a grin on his face. Taking my hand, he kissed the back of it and said, "It's a pleasure to meet such a beauty." His gaze swept over my body, making me feel disgusted. I was already fed up with this man. 'Boris Smirnov' this man is bad news, he is sick, psychotic, and crazy. The last time when I heard about him he was involved in some kind of weapon deal.

A slimy grin spread across Boris's face as he squeezed my hand a little too tightly. "Stefano, where've you been hiding such a gorgeous lady?" I forced a smile in response, but my instincts were screaming that something was terribly wrong.

"She's my brother's friend, Sir," Stefano replied, emphasizing the word 'Sir' as he pulled my hand away from Boris's grasp. The atmosphere grew tense, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. The air crackled with tension, sending shivers down my spine. It wasn't just the temperature dropping; someone was watching. I could feel it in my bones. I turned around to scan my surroundings.

Stella asked Liam to dance with her, and they head to the dance floor, leaving me trapped with these two men. One was a complete stranger, and the other was someone I wished I had never crossed paths with.

"Get this lovely lady the finest wine you have!" Boris commanded the bartender, before I could object, he cut me off with a smooth, practiced smile "I couldn't bear seeing a woman with such amazing features standing without a drink in front of me," he added, handing me a glass of wine. "I insist," he said, purposely brushing his hand against mine as he passed me the glass. With a flourish, he clinked his glass against mine. Just as I reached for the drink, Stefano intervened.

"Mr. Smirnov, my apologies," he cut in, voice laced with concern. "Mr. Michel called earlier this evening. He said it's urgent, something you need to know."

Boris's irritation is visible. "When did he call?" he snapped, eyes narrowing.

"Around eight, sir," Stefano replied evenly. Boris's grin faltered, replaced by a frown, he seemed irritated by the interruption. I wasn't sure what the call was about or why it was so important to him, but it certainly diverted attention away from me.

Boris took a sharp breath, "You should've informed me about such calls immediately," he half-yelled at Stefano, frustration coloring his voice. He flashed me an awkward smile and muttered, "He's new, barely been a week since he transferred."

Turning back to Stefano, his tone softened yet held a hint of sternness "Don't worry, I'll teach you everything. After all, you're my assistant director. You'll become Director someday," he said, tapping Stefano on the shoulder with a hint of seriousness in his voice. With that, Boris excused himself to make some calls.

"I'm sorry about that," Stefano said, turning towards me with an apologetic smile.

"It's okay. I'm used to dealing with people like him," I replied sincerely.

"Give me that," Stefano suddenly interrupted, pointing at the glass in my hand. I have never wanted to drink this in the first place. I can handle alcohol but if I get wasted, then lord save the people around me. He gave it back to the bartender and returned with another drink, "have this" he said handing me another glass. "It's a non-alcoholic drink, don't worry" he added.