Chapter 10

Leonardo's POV

The last thing I expect on my schedule today is witnessing a freaking blast. I'm on my way to the factory when some car hits the company truck, igniting a fire. The explosion was enormous, leaving everything around it shattered. Chaos erupted, sirens of firefighters and ambulances blaring in the distance.

Amidst the chaos, my mind fixated on a particular pair of hazel brown eyes staring straight into my soul, enveloped in those flames. I had never seen someone so fearless with death staring them in the face.

"Your Highness," the driver interrupts my thoughts, bowing his head. "We inquired, no one is harmed, and the truck driver had minor injuries. Apart from that, everyone is safe."

"What about that girl?" I ask, concerned. She must be hurt badly; she was so close to the explosion.

"Your majesty, no girl is found or said to be injured," he replies. Frustrated, I slam my fist on the car, causing the driver to step back in fear.

I get into the car and order him to drive back to the company. This mess will take forever to sort out, and it's useless to head to the factory right now.

The car drives through traffic, taking an unnecessary fifteen minutes longer to reach the office than usual. By the time I arrive, the building was empty, so I go straight to the CEO's office.

Dante and Noah are working on the information we found last night. I've spent my whole day at the mansion meeting trusted executives. Few people know about my arrival in Paris, and I want to keep it that way.

I sit on the couch. Dante gets up from his chair and walks toward me. "You know, we should really keep someone to announce your entry. You scared the shit out of Stefano yesterday."

"It's not my fault a grown-ass man is intimidated by my presence." Only Dante can say things like that to me. There are no words like friends in our life, but he's the best man I have.

"I'm tired. Can we do this later?" Noah says, looking at me and whining like a child. He yawns. I give him a cold stare, and he nervously sighs and returns to his work.

Dante sits beside me on the couch, handing me a file. "These are the people we suspected whose digital profiles were missing. Turns out they're all ex-convicts."

I take a look at the file carefully. Some faces are familiar. Last night, Dante set a trap for Boris, and his men fell right into it. We tracked them down.

"The three men we found last night were also involved; all of them work in the factory," Dante speaks up again.

"Where have you kept them?" I ask.

"Stefano has put them in the storage room here," Dante replies. Stefano found a laptop with them, with some more leads on the drug deals, but there's one thing we haven't figured out yet.

"I found it!" Noah beams, sprinting to me and handing me his tab. "The file Stefano found yesterday has data of four girls and their respective pictures, except one," he says. I look at the file again.

I remember reading this file last night, pausing at a particular profile, 'Dione.' The name strangely stuck in my head, with very little info and no picture.

"These girls aren't related to each other, not to the company or Boris or anything in particular. Their profiles are also common, nothing special or suspicious," Noah explains.

What the hell is this mess now? I have to find out about the drug deal before the royal ball. We don't have time to play detective.

"I can hire a first-year grad student to find these things," Dante says to Noah, earning an annoyed huff. This kid needs to grow up.