The party

Time skip / at the party

carolines P.O.V 

I honestly don't really care for what's going to happen tonight. I'm going to get drunk and have a good time.

 I'm going to get drunk and have a good time

3 person P.O.V

Stefan arrives and attempts to eavesdrop on nearby conversations in search of Elena. He overhears Bonnie saying,

"Just admit it, Elena."

Elena responds, "Okay, so he's a little pretty."

Bonnie gives Elena the stupid look "he has that romance-novel stare." bonnie making a dramatic voice "Stefan looked deep into her eyes, piercing her very soul."

Elena and Bonnie stand together next to the fire, laughing.

Bonnie scans the area, looking for Stefan, and asks, "So where is he?"

Elena playfully replies, "I don't know Bonnie, you tell me. You're the psychic one," giving Bonnie a knowing look.

Bonnie suddenly remembers that she had claimed to be psychic, as her grams had told her so.

"Right, I forgot... okay, so give me a sec. Grams says I have to concentrate." She closes her eyes to concentrate, but Elena interrupts,

Elena puts one finger up.

"Wait! you need a crystal ball," jokingly suggesting that Bonnie needs a crystal ball, looking around her "uh..." and looks down on the ground.

Elena spots a beer bottle on the ground and picks it up, offering it to Bonnie with a smile "ta-da".

Bonnie, with a smile, touches the bottle while it's still in Elena's hand, but quickly pulls back, shocked by the whispers and visions she experiences.

Elena asks, "What happened?" and Bonnie responds,

"That was weird." Elena urges Bonnie to continue, and Bonnie reveals that when she touched Elena.

"When I touched you, I saw a crow." bonnie sees a weirded out look, on Elena's face and disbelief.

Bonnie's revelation takes aback Elena. "What?"

Bonnie: "A crow" looking to Elena's left to recollect all the visions she had seen to tell Elena "There was fog and a man."

Bonnie quickly dismisses her psychic abilities, attributing the visions of being drunk. Saying out of panic,

"I'm drunk, it's the drinking. There's nothing psychic about it" grabbing the bottle out of Elena's hand "yeah? okay, I'm gonna get a refill" She takes the bottle from Elena and walks away before Elena can respond.

Elena watches Bonnie walk off in the distance and mutters to herself, "Okay" and then yells "Bonnie?" She turns around and is surprised to see Stefan standing there.

Stefan: "hi"

Elena chuckles after the shock of seeing him stand there. "Hi"

Elena chuckles at the sight of him, and Stefan apologizes, realizing he has startled her once again.

Stefan: "I... I did it again, didn't?"

Elena nods her head up and down. "yeah"

Stefan gives Elena an apologizing smile. "I'm sorry" seeing her face expression, he points out, "you're upset about something."

Elena admits that she is upset about something but brushes it off.

Elane: "oh, uh...no, it's just bonnie, she's...... You know what? Never mind, you're here." gives Stefan a smile, grateful that he is there.

Stefan: "I'm here"

The scene changes to Tyler and Vick leaving the party and heading into the woods, while Jeremy watches them go

back to Elena and Stefan

"You know, your kind of the talk of the town."

"Am I?"

"Mm-hm" Elena, take a breath in. "mysterious new guy, oh, yeah." and gives a little laugh.

"Well, you have the mysterious thing going on too" Elena gives Stefan a confuse look "twinged in sadness" dropping the confused.

"What makes you think that I'm sad?" Elena looks down at her cup in sadness while remembers her parent's.

Stefan confesses, "well, we did meet in a graveyard" see Elena smile. He knew that Thous where the right words.

"Right, not technically we met in the man's room "laughing as she sees his smile, "you don't wanna know, it's not exactly party chitchat."

"Well, I've never really been very good at chitchat," Stefan confesses.

"Last spring...my parent's car drove off of a bridge into the lake and i was in the back seat, and I survived...but they didn't," talking a breath in Elena say, "so that's my story."

Stefan stops, and Elena stops and turns to him.

"You won't be sad forever, Elena."