✯ Teaser Prologue

The Valkyrie

I used to wear my heart on my sleeve,
Always aiding others in need.
But they turned against me -

Now I reside in darkness
Almost devoid of kindness

Trying my best to rescue demons.

.
.
.

"... and yes, Miss Y/n, today's the meeting with Vox -" my assistant was about to continue when I slammed my hands onto my desk.

"Again?! What does he want this time? If it's about persuading me to join the V's, then tell the flat-faced idiot that NO. I will not join."

"If may say something, Miss Y/n, you could at least talk to him face to face?" My assistant continued timidly. "You don't want to anger them."

Sighing, I pressed my burning eyes into the cool skin of my palms. The TV demon had been getting on my nerves lately, always popping up to slyly slide in a comment or two about beneficial it would be for me to join their triumvirate.

I supposed the snarky yet snappish refusals I had fired back at him didn't sink in.

Yes, I was known as the Valkyrie, the possessor of powerful magic. Demons who exchanged their souls to me were shielded by my protective magic, forever loyal to my cause.

I was sure all the V's wanted from me was the hundreds of demons that had swore allegiance to me as brute force to fuel their empire.

I knew I had a mean streak from killing those who opposed me, but I wasn't about to mindlessly exploit those who came to me out of fear and had nowhere to go.

So Vox, the answer is a big fat fucking no.

All I had to do was tell him that, face to face, in the most placating manner.

"Tell him that I'll be there, the usual time." I told my assistant. They gave a small bow and hurried out of my office.

I groaned and staggered to my feet, heading to the balcony that wrapped around the top of the tower. My office was on the top floor, so I could keep an eye on Hell's constant fights and turf wars. I controlled my own reasonably large portion of Pentagram City, so I had to make sure none of the sneaky bastards that weren't part of my allegiance didn't try to take over.

Not that they'd dare to anyway. They knew what I was capable of.

    "Let's get this over with," I muttered to myself.

    "Ugh, fuck my undead life."

—————

Next one coming soon! As said, this is a small teaser chapter.

~opalico