Chapter 2 - Resignation

5 years later

Pov Roseanne Park

The alarm clock woke me up at five in the morning, and I opened my eyes with great difficulty.

The first thing I did was go to Haru's room, as I imagined he was fast asleep.

I went back to my room, pulling on a black dress skirt and a white dress shirt.

- Damn. -I cursed when I saw that my skirt was stained.

I opened my wardrobe and realized that I didn't have any clean clothes left, so I looked in the basket of clothes that I was reluctant to wash.

I didn't have much time for basic household chores, usually my mother helped me with that, but now she was ill.

I went to the bathroom sink and ran some water over the stain, it partially cleaned it.

Then I looked for my bag and my heels, which were under the bed. I went straight to the kitchen to prepare Haru's breakfast, he wouldn't leave the house without eating, whereas I could wait to have coffee at work.

I opened the fridge noticing that I had to do some urgent shopping, there was almost nothing left, so I took two eggs and scrambled them with a piece of cheese I found.

I hated that part, I hated having to wake my son up so early, unfortunately I had to work and he had to stay at my parents' house, since he was still on vacation from school.

I sat on the edge of his bed stroking his back, over the giraffe pajamas he was wearing, a set of shorts and pants.

- Baby, it's time to wake up.

- I'm sleepy. He complained sleepily, scratching his still-closed eyes.

- Mommy knows, my love, but you have to go to Grandpa's house

Haru sat up in bed with his eyes still closed and I smiled at his adorable expression, he didn't like waking up early but he'd kind of gotten used to it.

He was a small boy, not as skinny as most children his age, his hair was a bit long, the straight strands falling messily around his forehead.

- I'm going to Grandpa's? -He asked, finally opening his dark brown eyes.

- Yes, he said you were going to play ball in the yard.

- Wow. -Haru got out of bed and I let him go to the bathroom.

Then the little one had coffee while I looked at the comics in the newspaper, and I was answering some messages in the work group.

Then I helped him to the bathroom while he brushed his teeth and changed his clothes, unfortunately I couldn't afford to buy as many clothes as I wanted for him.

Sometimes I had to make difficult choices, it was only one salary for all our bills.

He chose a blue sweatshirt, he was already at the stage of choosing his own clothes, and I was glad he didn't mix things up.

After picking up his backpack and mine, we left the house in the direction of the bus stop, Haru holding my hand as we walked through the streets.

- So you liked the fighting design. -Haru was talking about a cartoon he had watched at school on the day of the movie.

- Yes, they kicked. -Haru said, letting go of my hand and kicking the air while I laughed at his movements. - And punches like that, pull pull pull. -He did the same with his hands.

- That sounds violent, son. -We stopped in front of the bus stop, Haru sat down on the bench while I remained standing.

- It's a fight, tae tau. -He said, trying to remember the pronunciation of the word. - I can't speak.