Chapter 16 - Do we want the same?

POV Roseanne Park

I picked up another one of the disassembled boxes in the hallway and took it to Lisa, she assembled it in a few seconds and then placed it on the floor.

Lisa grabbed a few more bottles of Whisk and gave them to me, I placed them between the gaps in the box making sure everything was safe.

Lisa wasn't doing it with a smile on her face, yet she didn't seem sorry, in fact it was very difficult to know what was going on in her head.

After emptying another shelf we went to the next one, we had been at that job since five in the morning, then we still had to go to the company, around 8 am.

Lisa didn't want to leave it until the weekend, and it was her decision to start removing the stronger drinks from there.

She hadn't seen a psychologist or sought this type of help yet, it seemed like the strength came from her, or from something else that I had no idea what.

Today marked 15 days since she didn't drink, and I noticed her mood changing as those days passed.

Lisa couldn't sleep most nights, she asked me to keep her company, in the pool, in the games room or at the cinema, on one of those nights she came to my room crying and shaking all over.

She had developed serious anxiety, and even though I insisted that she seek medical help, she didn't accept it, saying that my support and that of Jennie and Haru were enough.

She bent down in front of me trying to fit the last bottle of Whisk, but she was putting it in the wrong way.

- Damn it. -She said, pushing it down, making the situation worse.

— Let me finish this, why don't you go down to breakfast? -Lisa looked at me, still with an irritated expression, it took her a few seconds to agree.

She got up and then left the room, now facing her irritation too, another common symptom of withdrawal.

Even with Haru she had lost her patience these days, we went to the park at the weekend and Haru insisted on going on the pedal boat, but it didn't seem safe and I agreed with Lisa, even so he insisted and it was the first time I saw Lisa fighting with he.

I didn't scold Lisa right away, it wouldn't be nice to do that in front of Haru, that way she would lose a little authority, something I didn't want to happen.

I spoke to Lisa afterwards, just her and I, and she apologized and said she had troubled thoughts.

Afterwards she also apologized to Haru, and I told him that we both knew when something was safe or not, so he should listen to us.

I asked the man Lisa had hired to pick up the boxes from the bar, of course Lisa had the money to send someone to organize those things, but for her it seemed symbolic of doing it herself.

I went down for breakfast together with Lisa, Haru was already there beside her, while Lisa showed him the newspaper comics.

- Good morning my love. -I said, approaching and kissing his head.

- Good morning mom.

I sat down facing them both, the table was already set, I still hadn't gotten used to so much food.

It was really a lot.

When we started eating Lisa's father pointed at the living room door, he smiled at me and then sat down next to me.

— How are the shares? -He asked nonchalantly, as he placed the napkin on his lap.

As always, Lisa completely ignored him, they still weren't talking, she combined Lisa's anger at having lost the letter and Lisa's anger at him for giving that bomb into her hands.