Chapter 20 - Heavy words

Pov Lalisa Manoban

I stared at the plate of food in front of me feeling like I wanted to throw up again, Jennie was already halfway through her lunch.

— Take as long as you want. -She said patiently while drinking some of the juice she had in her glass.

I got up from the table and walked to the kitchen, taking a bottle of wine from the fridge and filling the first glass I found.

I took two sips feeling my throat thank me, then I took the rest, putting the bottle away and returning to the table, Jennie looked at me suspiciously.

— I was just drinking water. -I lied.

— Your mouth is purple Lisa, you said you would try to control yourself.

— I don't want to control myself, it's unfair to want to take away the only thing that is bringing me some comfort so I don't freak out again.

— There are people who can bring you comfort, and you don't make a point of seeing them.

— If you don't respect my decision, why do you insist that I stay here?

— Because I worry, because the last time you were alone you disappeared for three days, and showed up in another city.

— They should have left me there. -Jennie looked at me a little hurt, and I sighed heavily, letting my body fall into the chair behind me. — Sorry, I think I need to be alone.

— Aren't you going to eat?

- I'm not hungry. -I got up from the chair and went up to my room, yes I had a room at Jennie's house.

I walked into it and walked over to the wardrobe, I took a bottle of whiskey out of it, lucky for me that Jennie's father enjoys drinks as much as I do, he wouldn't miss a bottle among so many others.

I picked up a glass, regretting that I hadn't thought of going to the kitchen, and getting ice before going up, I put two shots in the glass and turned it over at once, it had definitely been made to drink cold.

I drank two more shots, and returned the bottle to the closet.

My routine had been like this for a week now, drinking, going with Jennie to her studio, then coming back and drinking again.

I hadn't seen my father anymore, nor Rosé, nor Haru, Jennie insisted that I should receive at least Haru, but he would have to come along with Rosé.

I really didn't feel like dealing with all that betrayal, for me my father disinherited me, left me without his last name and never looked me in the face again, and well, if Rosé weren't the mother of my son I would easily wish that she disappeared too.

They were all there, in that mansion, living normally as if they hadn't stabbed me in the back.

I was still seriously thinking about reporting my father, Jennie supported me in this, even though I knew that the family company would probably lose a lot of shareholders.

No one was stupid enough to get involved with someone who laundered money, my biggest concern was, what had my father's friend done?, drug trafficking?, people?, women and children, I was laundering money from a person who could be a killer.

I heard a knock on the door and seconds later Jennie walked past it.

— Are you going with me today?, later we'll go to that bar you like.

— I'm not going out with you Jennie, you were nicer before, when you let me drink.

— Is there a big difference between then and now Lisa, Haru, or have you forgotten that you are a mother?