Chapter 19 - We found her

POV Roseanne Park

I looked at the cell phone screen which was locked once again, no messages from Jennie, or the employee that Lisa's father hired to find her.

It had been 3 days since Lisa had left the police station and disappeared, we found out when we went to look for her after she was released on provisional release.

I understood Lisa not wanting to go home, not wanting to face her father or me, after all she imagined that I knew about the whole crime, which wasn't true.

For me Lisa was just taking care of phantom stocks, not laundering money, I still had a hard time believing that her father had been that low, I knew that deceiving Lisa wasn't right, but after we started sleeping together and having a more intense I just couldn't open my mouth about this subject.

An irrational fear invaded me, fear that she would never forgive me again, fear that she would relapse, and it didn't matter, one time or another that bomb would explode.

What would our family be like now?, what would my son be like?, if Lisa got upset enough to never want to look me in the face again, would she do the same with Haru?.

I didn't have the courage to tell him the truth, nor did I think it would be a good idea to do so, I just told him that Lisa had traveled because of work, he already missed her, and asked if he could talk to her on the phone or call. voice, it pains me to say no.

I hardly left my room, except to take Haru to and from school.

I heard a knock on the door and I got up and walked towards it, when I opened it I regretted doing it, Lisa's father was there, standing on the other side, maybe my angry expression would make him turn around.

It didn't work, he continued to stop.

- Can I talk to you?.

- What do you want?. -My hostility didn't seem to bother him at all.

— I know you must be as angry as Lisa, but I did all this thinking it would lead to nothing, I would never put my daughter in danger.

— Let me see if I understand, you opened an orange company in her name, laundered 2 million reais, with no intention of harming her?, committed a crime thinking you weren't doing anything big?, there's also the fact that you having made me an accomplice in this without me even knowing.

— Look Rosé, you're right, I did something stupid, but I just wanted when you found Lisa to tell her that I'm sorry, and that I don't want you to leave, I don't want to be away from Haru.

— I really tried to see some quality in you, even when I was too stupid to believe that you just wanted Lisa to have responsibility, but now after that, honestly, I also don't feel like being here anymore, nor leaving my family. child in your hand.

— You're not serious, all of Lisa's assets have been blocked, you'll need me until this process is over, if I were you I'd convince Lisa to return home, you don't want Haru to get into trouble again.

— Do you think I'm afraid of getting into trouble? -I responded in disbelief. — I always worked and raised Haru alone, thank God and my efforts never lacked anything for both of us, and just because I'm leaving your house doesn't mean I'm going to be missing, now if you'll excuse me.

I closed the door in Seojin's face, I couldn't believe the man's nerve, after everything that happened he had the audacity to knock on my door so I could make Lisa come home, if we found her it would be a victory. very large.

I went back to bed and picked up my cell phone, I had never felt so distressed in my life, it was painful to imagine where Lisa could be.

Jennie's number appeared on the screen and my heart quickened as I answered and held it to my ear.