Prologue

A lone, jet black, helicopter tore through the skyscrapers of New Tek city, disrupting the usual peace the city would enjoy. It wasn't a high crime city, but on this day, this time, the city would change. The helicopter flying overhead was carrying a large black box, connected by a long black cable that was attached to its undercarriage. Flying behind the helicopter was a figure, a woman in her mid-twenties that had a blue glow radiating around her. She bobbed to the left and to the right as she flew between the buildings, keeping up with the helicopter. People were peeking out from the sides of the helicopter, firing shots off toward the flying figure, but the bullets bounced harmlessly away from her, repelled by an invisible force.

Another figure leaned out from the side of the vehicle, a white-haired man with pale red eyes, and an RPG hoisted onto his shoulder. The woman recognized this threat, gasped, and then held her hands out, sending a small blue pulse ahead of her. The rocket launched, and was intercepted by the blue pulse, knocking the rocket aside where it blasted into the exterior of a building; the debris from the blasted building dusted the strange woman, halting her flight as she fended off large pieces but was unable to block it all. She stayed there, in the air, brushing dirt from her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, she saw that the helicopter was now no longer ahead of her. She glanced from side to side, looking at the random citizens who had gathered at their windows to look out at the spectacle. Through one of the windows, past the spectators, she saw the helicopter flying by on the other side of the building. Without hesitation she sent out another blue pulse, shattering the window, and soaring through the opening. She weaved around and over cubicles that had been arranged in what appeared to be an office, blasting through some of the cubicles where need be, before flying out of the other side of the building.

She hadn't had time to send out another pulse to remove the window, so she had physically smashed through the tempered glass, spinning end over end from the leftover momentum, buying some more time for the helicopter to gain more distance. It took her a moment to right herself, shake her head clear, and then began her pursuit once more. She was closer now, closer than the people in the helicopter might have anticipated. She held out her hand, creating a charge between the helicopter and her hand, drawing the two together. She easily cleared the five feet between her and the helicopter, her hand sticking to the surface of the helicopter.

She reached deep into herself, drawing on whatever power lived within her. Power, pure electricity coursed out from the helicopter, and then into her. The energy from the helicopter somehow made her feel stronger, she felt as though she'd just eaten a full meal, digested the electricity whole. The helicopter, however, playing the part of the meal, was suddenly worse off than it had been before. Both the helicopter and the woman began falling towards the ground at an alarming pace. The woman was unable to detach herself from the helicopter, try as she might, leading to an eventual, combined, landing on the hard concrete below.