- 𝐭𝐰𝐨 -

~•~

~•~

Persephone arrived at what she supposed was the red haired girl's house, already feeling something was completely off.

Just when the demon who was pretending to be Dot, a Clary's friend is about to attack the girl, Persephone uses her magic to kill the demons and it vanishes.

"Ugh, I hate those things" Persephone says with a shrug before looking at a frightened Clary "hello!"

Clary opens her mouth to say something, but absolutely nothing comes out.

"I think that demon got a piece of you" Persephone continues.

"Demons?" Clary finally speaks.

"Yeah. What do you think that miserable, disgusting thing was?" Persephone tilts her head to the side.

"I, uh...I thought it was Dot" Clary says.

"No!" Persephone chuckles "Ravener demon, shapeshifter"

"You're just saying words now" Clary stumbles on her feet "Why...why is the room swirling?"

"Oh..." Persephone approaches her "Demon venom"

"Is that bad?" Clary asks.

Persephone only stands in front of her.

"Let's just say it's more than just the flu" she waves her hand over the injure, curing it.

"What...what..." Clary struggles and gasps, feeling relief "what did you do to me?"

"Listen, all your questions will be answered in the right time" Persephone says and snaps her fingers, sending Clary into a deep sleep "oh no!" the girls gasps, forgetting that the red head would literally fall hard on the floor.

We can only thank her magic.

"Persephone Grace Johansson" came a voice from behind.

She immediately flinched.

Oh no!

She was about to teleport herself back to the institute, but a hand caught her wrist before it happened.

"Don't even think about it!" Jace snaps at her "what's wrong with you?!"

"Me?" she raises an eyebrow "I just saved yours, Alec's and Izzy's lives. Not to mention Clary's"

"Who?" Jace asks confused.

Persephone nods at the unconscious red head.

"Oh..." he nods.

"Yeah" she says "she needed my help and you know this is my job"

Jace huffs, knowing she's right.

It's something she unconsciously does. Protect people, like it's on her blood. No matter who, when and where.