- 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 -

~•~

~•~

At The Institute...

To say that Clary was confused was an understatement. The poor red head was in silence for the last few minutes and all the engineers in her head seemed to be broken.

"But, how's that even possible? It's your history" Clary says.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Jace shrugs, being elbowed by Persephone.

"Yeah...yeah, you're right" Clary muttered in embarrassment "...and now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm..." she struggles "...there's gotta be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken my mother"

"There is!" Persephone nods "come on" she nods for Clary to follow her.

"Yeah" the red head nods.

Both Clary and Simon started to follow her, only being stopped by Jace.

"No, no, no. Not you!" Jace shakes his head at the boy.

"Hey, we're a package deal" Clary protests.

"Yeah" Simon crosses his arms.

"There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your boyfriend, Clary" Persephone explains.

Clary's eyes widened.

"He's not my..."

"I'm not, like...we're, hm, just friends"

"Best friends"

"Yeah, and I'm tough" Simon points out "I can handle runes. So, hm, bring on the runes. What exactly are runes?"

Persephone and Isabelle laughed.

"They give Shadowhunters our demon-fighting powers" Izzy says.

Izzy activates the angelic rune with her stele.

"So hot..." Simon mutters.

Jace clears his throat.

"The rune" Simon corrects himself, his cheeks slightly rosy.

"Don't worry, Clary. I'll watch over the best friend. In fact, I was about to make breakfast" Izzy says.

Persephone, Jace and Alec all shivered at the thought.