Part 6

*Two weeks later*

  I skipped through the halls of Hogwarts trying to pick my way through the throng of students to Defence Against the Dark Arts when I tripped on something and landed on my back, wincing from the pain.

  'Watch where you're going Granger.' Malfoy sneered.

  Where was that fire, the Lion when I needed it. Without it I was just a whimpering, fragile mess. I glared up at Malfoy and his boys. My lip quivering a little, my back aching from the landing.

  'Why don't you man up and pick on me without your boyfriends, or do they make you feel like Daddy's here with you?' I scowled as I got up and turned, just in time to see a boy run past, flashing me a large grin as he ran to the Transfiguration class.

Zabini.

———

'Hey Ced, d'you reckon you're gonna compete for the cup?' I asked, as we both stared up at the clouds. I'd found a bunny so far.

  It was the third weekend back and Ginny was off with Luna, studying I assume. Or maybe stalking Harry, either way she was doing what Ginny does whilst me and Cedric had gone to Hogsmead.

  'I dunno, I was thinking about it though, it wouldn't be so bad I reckon.' He replied. 'Apart from the people dying part.'

  'Yeah, please don't die, so please don't put your name in.' I spoke a little rushed, I just had the feeling something was going to happen, especially after the cup.

  'I won't die, but I am putting my name in, that is when the other students finally get here.'

  'But-'

  'I won't die.' He promised, his pinky intertwining with mine.

  'Hmm, K.' I nodded, a little nagging feeling telling me he was so wrong.

  'So, anywhere else you want to go or are we all set?' Fred and George appeared out of thin air it seemed.

  'Nah I think we're all set. See ya Ced.' I hugged the boy tight and ran off with the twins.

  'So who first?' George asked, casually draping his arm over my shoulders.

  'Hmmm, what about...Ron? We could stain Pig's feathers?' I suggested, casually holding up a bottle of bright blue stain.

  'Wonderful you are.' George grinned ruffling my hair.

  'Oh I thank you, my darling.' I grinned and pocketed the little bottle.

———

  The next morning post came, Ginny and I were huddled together as we discussed Quidditch scores, Chudly Cannons wasn't doing so terribly this year. Ginny was halfway through discussing her favourite chaser, when Ron let out a strangled noise.

  Pig was bright blue. A parcel in his mouth. 'Who...' But he trailed off when seeing my cheeky grin.

  'What?' I asked when he glared at me.

  'You somehow turned my poor bloody awful owl blue. How dare you?' He was bright red with anger.

  'Yes okay, I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were going to be this touchy about him, I personally thought you hated the poor owl.' I held my hands up in defence.

  He slumped back down in his chair. 'I suppose he does look a bit more cool now.' He groaned internally.

  'That's what I thought too. Next he could be a rockstar owl, put him in front of a microphone with Hedwig and they'd be the next Spice Girls.' I said, quite seriously, Ron of course understood zero of what I said and just shrugged and went back to his toast.