#27

When Thalia awoke, she was all tangled up in her blanket and sweating profusely. She sat up slowly and stretched, groaning. She looked over at Morgan, who was still sleeping. She smiled and got to work untangling herself.

She stood slowly and grabbed her bag. She tiptoed to the bathroom and pulled out all the things she needed. She changed quickly and brushed her hair, then did the rest of her regular routine. Thalia then exited the bathroom and re-entered Morgan's room to put her bag back. She checked the time on her phone quickly. It read 8:23.

Afterward, she hurried down the stairs and to the kitchen, where she grabbed a bowl and box of cereal and ate breakfast. Soon after, Thalia went to Tony's office and knocked on the door. "Thalia! Hey. You ready?" Thalia hesitated, before nodding firmly. Tony smiled and invited her in.

"Mind just hopping on that scanner?" Tony asked distractedly as he finished typing something on his computer before logging into a different account and pushing a button. Thalia looked around for the scanner before locating it in the corner of the room. She walked over and sat down on top of the glass surface. Tony pushed a few different keys on one of the many computers in the room, and suddenly she felt a strange sensation across her skin, giving her goosebumps. She looked around and noticed that the air was shimmering strangely, making everything seem to glow, bathed in the white light. Thalia grinned. The smile dropped however, when Tony came over with a needle. "Can I?" He asked. Thalia took a deep breath and nodded, before closing her eyes. She tensed up and tried to ignore the pinch of the needle as Tony took a blood sample. "You okay?" Tony asked softly as he removed the needle. Thalia took another deep breath and opened her eyes. "I'm fine." She said, blowing the air out.

"You can get off now if you want." Tony turned his back to her as he inserted the blood sample into a metal container. The results showed up on his computer and he zoomed in, taking it all in. He then pulled up the results from the scan on a different computer and looked at those. Thalia hopped off the scanner and walked over to the screens to look.

Tony suddenly sucked in a breath in surprise. "What is it?" Thalia asked desperately, searching his face for an explanation. "You have some of the Scarlet Witch's DNA in you. "Aunt Wanda? What...?" Thalia trailed off, thinking. Tony's brow furrowed in concentration. "Everything else looks normal-ish. Your genes were never going to be normal, considering both your parent's serums. But besides that, they look pretty normal. Except for Wanda's DN-" Tony was cut off as the door opened, hitting the wall, making them both jump. Morgan was standing in the doorway, glaring at them. "You didn't think to wait for me?!" She exclaimed indignantly. "Sorry Morgan." Thalia said remorsefully. "You just looked so peaceful sleeping that I couldn't wake you." Morgan's glare softened. "It's fine. What did you find out?"

"Well as I was saying before you came barging in, Thalia seems to have some of Wanda's DNA injected into her." "I'm going to ask her about it." Thalia announced. "Thanks for everything. I'll see you later. Tell Pepper that I said bye, and thank her for me." She said quickly before walking out of the office, up the stairs to grab her stuff, back down the stairs, and to the front door. She hurried to her bike and put her bag into the compartment. She quickly put her hair into a messy braid and took her helmet out, putting it on her head. She turned the engine on and drove off.

--------------------------

Hi! It's been a while. I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I'm grateful to anyone who reads this book. Vote and follow me if you like this story! Also, please comment any thoughts.