Cat (ch1)

I drive back from work. I was able to eh off early today since I turned the manuscript in.

Man, I've been single for years now. When was my last girlfriend? Oh yea.., I broke up with my last girlfriend senior year of high school. Don't regret it though. She was annoying.

"MEOW!" I get nocking me out of my thoughts.

I stomp on the brakes and my cat comes to a halt. "Damn it my car... Ah! The cat!" I get out of my cat and look in the front my car.

There it was, a black cat lying down.

I pick it up and sigh with relief, it was purring. "Most likely passed out from shock.." I looked at it's neck, "no collar. Must be a stray. Skinny too so it hasn't eatin' in a while." I then realize it's front left leg was bleeding.

"I'll take you in little kitty!" I say.

I put in in the passenger seat and drive home. Wasn't very far.

I get out and pick up the cat. Luckily I live in a house that allows pets. I bring it in and get some canned tuna. It wakes up to the smell of tuna.

"You have very nice eyes kitty." It looks up at me, still eating, it looks like it's looking directly at my soul. Those big yellow eyes. "I love black cats." I say as I pick it up. For a stray it has nice fur, soft too. I cradled it in my arms and it soon fell asleep. "Male cat. Huh, your structure looks more like a female cat.."

There IS a difference.

I remember his arm was bleeding and I walk over to get something to cover it. "A band-aid would take away it's fur... Wrap!" I grab some wrapping, one arm still holding the cat. Wrapping it's arm it begins to purr. "Cute." I really did have a soft spot for cats.

I walk to my room and decide to change. "I was so caught up with the cat I forgot to change out of my suit." I think to myself and I take of my vest. The cat was sleeping at the foot of my bed." I can work on the next book for "Hearts & Swords" it's supposed to come out in a few months anyways so I have time. But might as well work on it now.

I sit at my desk, now in casual cloths, and wonder what should be the begining. I already have the beginning part.

Singing I push away from my desk and have my chair hit the bed, accidentally waking up the cat. "Sorry!" It gets up and crawls on my lap. "I wonder what I should call you for the time-being?"
I looks up at me, sitting on my lap facing me. "Kenji?" He continues to look up at me. "Momo?" I shake my head, "Momo is too feminine."
I think for what seems like ages.
"Taiou!"

"Meow!"

I laugh. "Ok! Taiou it is!"

I lies down and falls asleep on my lap. Somewhere along the line I fall asleep too.

~ three days later ~

I wake up to my alarm and see Taiou sleeping. I put my hand on his ears and he wakes up. He yawns and stretches. Such a cute cat.

I sit up and take off the bandages on his arm, he was a good cat and let me. "Wow! Well lucky you your healed." I frown. I told myself I'd let him go when he was healed. "I guess I'll live up to it.." I pick him up and hug him. "Why my parent told me never to name a cat. I'll get too attached." I think.

I walk to the front door and set him on the spot in front. "I'm sorry. I just feel you'll be too much to handle.. By Taiou."

I begin to close the door but before it was closed Taiou ran inside.

When I find him, or at least what I believe to be him, I see a boy with pure black hair and piercing yellow eyes looking at me. "Taiou?"

"Hey akishi."

~~~~~~~

Hey!!! Sorry it's so short! Thanks for reading! First BL story on wattpad! Yay!!!