Cat (ch3)

I make it to work and their already setting up for a party. Lee comes up to me, along with Emily, our co-worker.

"Finally your here!"

"Yea, sorry. My.., Cat was keeping me."

"You got a cat?"

"Yea. I actually got him about four days ago."

"You didn't tell us!"

"No, sorry."

He turns to everyone and yells, "hey guys! Aki finally got a cat!"

"Yay!" We laugh and then do the normal work party stuff, drink, eat, and talk.

"So who here has a pet?" Practically everyone raises their glasses except Shawn. I walk over to him. "Shawn, you don't have a pet?"

"Not one that can walk.."
Lee yells. "Hey! How about we bring our pets tomorrow!"

Again everyone cheers at that idea. "What do you mean by 'not one that can walk?'"

"I have a fish..."

"Haha! Bring him! We won't mind!"

"Okay.."

"Aki!" Hanna yells. "Come have some drinks!"

"Nah! I have to drive home!"

"One of us can take you!"

"What about MY car?!"

"Fine!"

The party lasted a while longer. I looked at the clock, shit. "Hey guys I need to head home."

"Why?!"

"My cats gonna start tearing up the furniture. I gotta get home." It was 8!!! I told Taiou I'd be home by seven thirty! I hope he's not worried...

"Okay! But bring your cat to work tomorrow ok?!"

"Okay! Bye!" I yell as I leave.

I get home and Taiou's on the couch with his knees to his chest and his tail wrapped around him. It's eight thirty now... "I-I'm back..., Taiou." I say in a quiet voice.

He looks up at me with his big yellow eyes which are filled with tears. "Wh-where were you?!"

"I'm sorry. I lost track of time..."

"I thought you where going to leave me.." He says as tears fall from his face, his ears falling to his head.

"Why would I do that?"

"My previous owners..."

I walked up to him and hugged him. "After yesterday you still think I'm going to be like the others?"

"I don't know..! Humans are weird! They-they can be nice, mean, rude, they're confusing!"

"Sorry." I laughed slightly. "Not even I can predict how some people are going to act."

"You humans are way to confusing for your own good."

I laughed. "Your right." I say as he hugs me back.

We stay in silent for a few minutes. "Wanna come to work with me tomorrow?"

"R-really!"

"Yea! Just you'll have to keep your neko form hidden, ok? And there's gonna be some other animals there too."

"M'kay! I don't mind!

"Good boy!"

We laugh. "Oh akishi. Didn't you but something for me yesterday?"