𝟎𝟏𝟏

╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ACT ONEˊˎ-

╰┈➤ ❝ [𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟎𝟏𝟏] ❞                  

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

୨⎯"I-I'm sorry, little bird."⎯୧

ᴼⁿᵉ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ

ᴼⁿᵉ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ

ılı.lıllıılı.ıllı
ᴺᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸᶦⁿᵍ; [ Lovely . Billie Eilish ]

Newt rushes into Madylin's hut, his heart racing with worry. His eyes immediately find her on the floor, curled up in Gally's arms as she sleeps. He can see the tears stains on her cheeks and her pained expression even in her sleep.

"How is she?" Newt asked anxiously.

Gally's gaze, reflecting the same bit of worry, met Newt's. "She's grieving," he whispers, "Is Nick okay?"

"Yeah," Newt replied, though the words seemed to falter on his lips. His attention remained fixated on the girl's fragile form. He watches her chest rise and fall with each breath and his heart aches for her. He wishes he could protect her; Shield her from all the hurt and pain the Glade brings.

Gally notices the worry lines creasing Newt's forehead. "Newt, she's strong," he reassures, "She'll make it through this."

Mason has always been Madylin's sunshine. Even though he was a pain in the ass most of the time, she still cared about him deeply, like the younger brother she never had. Gally knew that this was going to be hard on her but he also knew Madylin could bounce back from this better than most. She had to- she owed it to Mason to live her life the best way she could. He just hoped she would see that soon enough.

Newt nodded, a silent acknowledgment mingled with a sense of helplessness. He wished he could do more—shield her from the harsh realities of their world. Yet as he watched her sleep, a quiet resolve settled within him. Gally was right—Madylin was strong.

Madylin wakes up in her bed, her body feeling heavy yet lighter than usual. She blinks slowly, the dim light of the hut not doing much to dispel the fog clouding her mind. Her heart is still racing from the memories of earlier. Images of Mason flash through her mind but she knew she couldn't keep herself locked up in her hut. She takes a deep breath and pushes herself upright, ignoring the protests from her limbs as she swings her legs over the side of the cot.

As she steps outside, the early morning sun blinds her and she raises a hand to shield her eyes. Did she really sleep through all of yesterday? With a frown, she heads towards the smell of food that causes her stomach to growl, confirming her suspicion. Minho catches her gaze and his expression changes from concern to relief when he sees that she's okay. They exchange a quick nod before going their separate ways.