Sense

I changed the chapter nameee

Chapter 16

April's POV

We had a little picnic first then took like a million pictures.

"You know what we could get a shot of?..our initials in the sand." I grinned.

"Sure." he said and went to bring a stick for me.

L+A

I took off the white button-up and held it as we strolled together.

"You remember my first day of work?" I asked with a half-smile.

"Yeah...."

"So, I sent you a text saying that I had to take care of a personal thing." I stated.

"Yeah, the one where you were being really weird." he chuckled.

"Of course it was weird, I had a one night stand with my boss." I laughed.

"So, I actually went back home to search for my necklace and I was so happy when you found it.", "My dad gave it to me." I smiled.

"It's beautiful." he said and took my shirt from my hands, tied it around my waist, using it to pull me in as his eyes fell to my lips. We were just inches apart when I sprinted away and he stood there in disbelief.

I got in the water, then, Lucas jumped inside, splashing water on me.
I splashed it in his face even though he said that the action wasn't intentional.

Once we were dry, we lay on the bed in the tent.

"I sent my dad the money for my sister's treatment." Lucas said.

"That's good. Are you going to meet her?" I asked.

"No, I want to tell Gina about it first, then maybe we could make plans to meet her together."

"Oh, okay." I muttered.

"Lucas, have you gotten a love letter before?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Yes, I saw the notes you hid in my office." he grinned.

"Okay." I giggled.

"I know you wrote my letters though." I said.

"What letter would that be, Kepner?" he questioned.

I started getting letters at some point after my dad passed in high school. They weren't love letters, though. The mystery person just checked up on me, gave me compliments and made my day a little less shitty.

I didn't even try to find the person, I thought the mystery was nice. I had even forgotten all about the person until I saw Lucas' second handwriting when he showed it to Matthew.

It all made sense.

"The letters you wrote to me in high school." I grinned as happy tears were in my eyes.

"How?" he let out a breath, "how did you know?"

"I saw your second handwriting that day when you showed Matt?"

"Yeah, but how did you remember it?" he questioned.

"How could I not?" I chuckled, "my mystery writer was special. He helped me a lot." I smiled.

"It was good enough to be memorable." he mumbled mostly to himself.

"Now, come on, I want to ea-" I was interrupted when he crashed his lips on mine, moving his hands to my waist and I firmly held his t-shirt. My body tingled under his touch. His hand dropped to my thigh as I chuckled into the kiss.

He placed kisses down my neck to my chest as his hand crawled up my back and held the tie of my bikini at the nape of my neck.

He stopped to look at me, holding himself back. His eyes spoke a million words.

I kissed him again as my fingers ran under his shirt.

He pulled away, "Are you sure?" Lucas asked me and I nodded in agreement.

I'd never been so sure of anything in my life.

"April...."

"Yes, I'm sure." I smiled.

He untied it as I claimed his lips and took the kiss deeper.

It wasn't my first time but I wish it was, because with Lucas, it was different.

I was in pure ecstasy.

*****

We weren't planning to spend the night at the beach, but we did.
Regarding the happenings of the previous night, I'm speechless. In a good way, obviously.

A great way.

We started packing up to go home and got in the car.

"I have something to tell you when we get back home, okay?" Lucas said.

"Can you tell me now?" I asked.

"I don't think so."

"Then why'd you mention it?" I mumbled under my breath.

He let out a breath and chuckled. "I heard that, Kepner."

I looked around the car until he moved my chin slightly to face him.

"I'm going on a business trip for a while." he said.

"How long?" I asked.

"About nine days." he said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Oh." I said in a low tone.

"I'll try my best to be back as soon as possible." he said as he kneaded my inner thigh.

I stupidly smiled and turned away. Then, I noticed how pretty the view was. I must have taken like a million pictures.

 I must have taken like a million pictures

t

he tent<3

hmmmmm.
Please vote, comment, share and follow.
Byeeeee.
next chapter: Talisman