Want

Chapter 18

April's POV

Adam and I were allowed to enter the client's house after pretending to be decorators-in-training. Hazel checked out the space and discussed with her client. Her job was way more interesting than I thought. Seeing her at work made me visualise decorating my room more intensively when I got back to my apartment.

"She looks so excited." I whispered to Adam, referring to the client as Hazel explained how her house would be designed.

"Yeah." Adam shrugged.

We greeted the lady and slipped into the car.

"Oh my gosh.." Hazel heaved a sigh of exasperation.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just have a lot to do." she nervously smiled.

"Your job seems so interesting though. It's like something I would want to do."

"It is, but I'm human and I want a break." she said.

After dinner, when I got back to my apartment, I took a shower, then played music so I could get chores done. I warmed up porridge and sat down to call Lucas.

"Hi, Lulu." I bit my lip.

"Hey." he said in a sleepy voice.

"Hey." I mocked his sleepy voice, making him laugh.

"So, how was today?" he asked.

"I'm telling you, I was feeling very boss bitch when I stepped into the meeting room. I conducted the entire thing and I felt pretty good about it, you know?" I smiled.

"You see, I told you that you had nothing to worry about." he pointed out.

"Thanks to you, I ate lunch alone today."

"Uh-oh, you don't like eating alone." he chuckled as I took a bite of my food.

"Exactly, babe. I usually eat with you, remember? I talk to a few people there but hardly have lunch with them." I explained.

"Tomorrow, go have lunch with your friends, okay? Don't worry, it won't be weird." he said.

"Okay, we'll see. What did you do today?"

"I didn't get to do a lot today. I just got settled in. I've got a meeting concerning the partnership tomorrow, though." he stated.

"Alright. Oh another thing, I think we should decorate our rooms more when you get back?"

"If you want to, we can do that. Why though?" he asked.

"I spent time with Hazel while she was working and it just got me excited about decorating, that's all."

We talked for a few hours after that until he dozed off.

"Lucas." I called him for the third time.

"Lulu!"

"Yes, my love?"

"Good night," I chuckled, "dream about your girlfriend, okay?" I added.

"Definitely.", "Goodnight, Kepner. I love you." he said.

I went to bed soon after and the remaining days without Lucas were okay. I had taken on more responsibilities at work but it was perfectly fine and I talked to Lucas everyday. It had soon become a routine that I would come over to Hazel's after work. Sometimes, Adam would be there and we would all have dinner together.

So, on one day, after church, the three of us were hanging out at my place and by 'hanging out' I mean that we were all at my apartment but on our phones.

Suddenly, Hazel's phone rang and she left for an urgent work thing.

"Why don't we embrace our surroundings?" Adam said.

"What are you talking about?" I was genuinely confused.

"No, we've just been on our phones since." he chuckled.

"Oh, then what do you want to do?" I asked.

He sat on the floor and took a paper and pencil."Stay put, I'll draw you." he laughed.

"I wouldn't want to see the horrible results of that." I said.

We ended up drawing each other. After we showed each other the results, causing me to burst out laughing, I glanced at the door to see Lucas standing there.

"Lucas!" I ran to him and gave him a hug.

"What? You're like two days early." I said excitedly, holding his hand.

"Who's that?" he mumbled, signaling to Adam.

"Oh, he's Hazel's brother." I stated and introduced them immediately.

"I've got to go. See you later." Adam said and took his coat.

After he left, Lucas kissed me."You missed that so much, didn't you?" I muttered breathlessly against his lips.

"So, how are you here?" I asked.

"I believe it's called a plane." he said.

"Lucas, I'm serious." I chuckled.

"I just finished work early and wanted to come home. I left my stuff at my apartment before coming here but I need to go shower." he said.

"Okay, let's go." I said and jumped into his arms, securing my legs around his waist.

We entered his room and he sat on the bed so I was now on his lap facing him.
"So I come back tired and what you do is to jump on me?" he smiled.

"Yeah, I just like being carried.", "Hey, let's not go to work tomorrow." I whispered.

"It's been a few days and you're acting like you want to eat me, Kepner." he laughed.

"That's my plan, yeah."

I couldn't post recently because I had exams but I'm excited to write and write and writeeeee
Lots of love to y'all for over a thousand reads!!
next chapter: Stunning