-The Quiet Five-

Noriko's POV

When I woke up in the morning I found a warm cup of green tea next to my bed, along with a couple of pills. I smiled and knew Kiri had brought this for the slight headache the wine had welcomed me with this morning. I swallowed the two pills with ease, sitting under the covers while I finished my cup of tea. Looking through the window it looked quite nice out. I saw a blue bird fly by, and after five quiet minutes I had decided. It was going to be a good day.

I set the finished glass of tea down and rose from the bed going to my bathroom. As the bathtub filled with water I brushed my teeth and took my braids out. I always braided my hair before going to sleep so it wasn't in the way, and because I loved the waves the braids produced. Finishing at the sink I turned around stopping the faucet of the tub. After adding my soaks and salts, I climbed carefully into the tub.

By the time I got out of the tub, my slight headache was completely gone, and I was in a great mood. It's been awhile since I've been this happy. Once I stepped back out into my room I had absolutely no idea what to wear. After blowing a hole in my closet I finally landed on an outfit. Black high waisted skinny jeans, and a cropped puffy pink sweater. I accessorized with a golden necklace and bracelets. I put the same black pearl earrings in as last night. I styled my hair, making a crown of braids, leaving the rest of my hair to flow freely.

As I was the only one who stayed in the house besides the limited staff , there wasn't much cleaning and preparing that needed to be done. However I wanted the meal they all ate in my home to have my own personal touch as well. I went to the family kitchen and grabbed my most recent recipe books. Since I'm in charge of many restaurants, especially high end ones, I'm always trying to make new recipes that are exciting for all the senses. I also didn't know most of their preferences.

"Kiri~" I called.
She entered the room, placing a fruit parfait in front of me with a cup of coffee.
"Yes, Noriko-San?"
"Ah, thank you. Would you have chef Juno join me here, I would like to discuss tonight's menu with him." I said with a smile, she nodded and went on her way. I ate the parfait rather quickly, then continued sipping my coffee while flipping through the recipe book.

"You requested me, Noriko-San?" Juno, the chef said as he entered. He was in his late 20s with a scruff short beard. His long dark brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail. His dark green eyes met mine.

"Ah, Juno, just the man I wanted to see. I'd like to discuss tonight's menu. As you know I'm having quite a few classmates and friends over. I want to both showcase the great hospitality of the Nakanishi family while also offering my famous flare. So I figured we could pick our dishes from my recipe book, and I could help you in the kitchen." I said with a smile.

"Of course Noriko-san! You're having 10 people over, correct?" I nodded in response.

"Well then I say we create quite the spread! We should offer some appetizers, such as sushi and tempura vegetables. Then for the main course we can offer three options to ensure people get something to their liking. I'm thinking our first dish should be your delightful spin on crab cakes! Then our second dish can be your so very delicious tempura fried tilapia with that sweet and spicy sauce~. Finally, our third dish can be..." he flipped through a few more pages. "Oh! These steak skewers! Those will be perfect! Those will be the third dish and of course we will also offer rice and miso."
"Sounds great Juno! Let's add Calamari to the appetizer list. Please go make the calls you need for the ingredients, and let me know if you need any help. I will most likely check in within an hour or two." I sent him away with a smile.

Now that we had a plan in place for the meal I felt much better. Looking at the clock it was 1:45pm. I had approximately 3 hours until guests should be arriving. I walked up to my study, faxing over the necessary documents from last nights meal to my assistant, who would get them where they needed to go.
I looked over a few more things, and made a few calls. After confirming the management changes had gone smoothly I looked at the time. 4:30.