Chapter 3: What Are The Rules?

Caitrin Tu’s POV

We all looked at the digital white board of this room. The letters appear one by one and phrases are formed on that...

“The Game Is On!” Dezza was reading and I looked at her. “But wait, what are the rules?” She asked and looked at me, I didn’t know either.

I took a deep breath while Fleur, who was next to me, was beating faster. She was nervous until I touched her left hand. We stared at each other then again watched the next ones appear on the board.

THE LAWS AND RULES OF THE GAME~~~

“Don’t play safe.” Calissa read the first rules while Jayzel hugged her as if she was going to be her friend.

With the arrival of the last player, Caledon, I seem to have suspected Calissa. She denies that she and Caledon are friends after mentioning that she has three friends in the roleplay world.

Calissa watched again as Yanna was the only one to accept Caledon, until Kermish approached them.

“Don’t play victim.” Pein said with a smile that I didn’t understand the attitude, it made her dangerous because you can’t be sure if she’s nice.

It seems that it will be more difficult for me to understand Pein now that she and the psychotic Jaron seem to be getting along. Even the mysterious Heaven and the self-proclaimed class president, Froilan, are talking to him. Zaehyana also befriends them who obviously has other plans. They are self-confessed roleplayers.

I looked at Rodiquent, I couldn’t help but stare at a fool like him. I did not understand myself but I feel that I have talked to him before. In my mind he is also a roleplayer because I used to be a roleplayer too. Blaize, who was next to him in the seat, was also staring at him.

“Don’t play heart?” Evegreen was surprised and she stared at all of us then smiled at Finn.

Friends Wavy and Aenna are behind Evergreen. Acela was next to Aenna with her eyebrows still raised for her enemy, Jayzel.

“Don’t play ball.” Irhys said the fourth law of the upcoming game, with Zephyrus next to her who was already excited.

Suddenly, Ruikov stood up and stepped towards Aveleigh. They looked at each other until he touched the woman’s red mask. They just smiled at each other. While Psalm couldn’t stop her excitement with Aveleigh, they were side by side.

“Don’t play time!” Zephyrus added the last law to the one next to her and she smiled.

There are twenty-five of us here, there are
only five laws and I am thinking about the last last law.

What does that mean?

Until the highest technology blackboard has new statements again.

“The boat is sinking, group yourselves into five.” We read and that it was spoken by an artificial intelligence voice coming from the machine.

When we heard and read that, everyone immediately rushed.

I first saw Jayzel, Calissa and Kermish running towards the two masked person but it was too late. Ruikov and Aveleigh chose to be with neighbors Irhys, Zephyrus and Psalm. Possibly that their group will not be able to behave so they will be in trouble.

Pein, Jaron, Froilan, Heaven and Zaehyana didn’t have any trouble, they easily formed a group because they had been getting along for a while. It seems that their group is scary now that each of their personalities cannot be understood, groups of mental patients.

Acela, who had no friends, was immediately invited by Wavy and Aenna, and Finn and Evergreen didn’t go too far. They were indeed the people that came to this room first.