5

Seungmin pov

Walking with Minju, I could sense her lingering anger starting to melt away as she sipped the banana milk I got for her. It was a small peace offering, an attempt to smooth over the unintentional mess I had caused.

Guilt weighed on me as I thought about how her allowance had been taken away because of my accidental slip-up. Even though Minju had made her own mistakes, I knew my honesty had made things worse for her. Looking back, I realized this wasn't the first time I'd been pulled into one of her plans, only to end up spilling the beans when faced with family disapproval.

I sighed inwardly, realizing that despite my intentions, I had once again stumbled into a situation where Minju bore the consequences of my actions. As she sipped the banana milk, I knew that this was not the first time I had unintentionally caused her trouble, and likely not the last.

I think to myself, "Seungmin, you really need to work on not getting caught up in Minju's schemes, or at least find a way to avoid revealing her mistakes." And yet I knew that the rollercoaster of misadventures with Minju was far from over, and my role in the chaos was as consistent as ever.

As soon as Hyunjin and Jisung appeared at the school gate, Jisung couldn't resist adding his own brand of humor to the situation.

"Minju, I heard your allowance took a vacation. What's the plan now? Living off banana milk donations?" Jisung teased, earning a snarky grin.

Minju, already in a sulk, rolled her eyes. "Very funny, Jisung. I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from rubbing salt in the wound."

Taking a sip of the banana milk I had given her, she muttered, "Thanks again, Seungmin, for the thoughtful compensation."

Jisung, undeterred by her complaints, continued his playful banter. "Hey, it's not every day you get to witness the downfall of a comic book empire. A tragic tale, really."

Minju shot back, "You're just enjoying this, aren't you? Well, keep laughing. Your time will come."

As soon as the bell rang, Minju turned to me with that spark of mischief in her eyes. "Seungmin, I need some extra cash from Minho Oppa. You're coming with me to the senior class."

I arched an eyebrow, already sensing trouble brewing. "Minju, you know how scary those seniors can be. Why do I always get roped into your schemes? I'd rather steer clear of that chaos."

For freshmen like us, stepping into the senior class was like entering the final boss level in a game—a place even the boldest avoided. Although Chan hyung and Minho hyung were in that class, I tried to steer clear of it whenever possible.

"Hey, you should come with me. You got my allowance taken away, remember?" Minju pouted with a playful but threatening glint in her eyes.

With a reluctant sigh, I caved. "Fine. I'll come. But don't count on me to ask Minho hyung for money on your behalf. That's your own mission."

Minju, confident in her ability to handle her brother, smirked. "Don't worry, I got this, Kim Seungmin."

Not stopping at me, Minju turned to Jisung with a cheeky smile. "And you, my partner in crime, you're coming with us. We're paying a visit to Minho Oppa."

Meanwhile, Hyunjin and Felix were thankfully spared the trouble, likely taking advantage of a well-timed restroom break.

"Minho hyung? The senior class?" Jisung asked, feigning innocence.

"She's planning to stir things up, and she dragged me along," I explained, trying to get Jisung to see the trouble we were in.

"Then I'm out. I wasn't the one who lost your allowance, Minju," Jisung said, trying to avoid the situation.