Ch 16 greedy girl !

She had already thought that they might demand an additional 50 lakhs at the last moment. Her greed was steadily increasing.

Hiya's brother had just come to check if she was ready when Surekha, whispering near his ear, said, "Madam Shalini is very rich, don't you think the deal for your sister was too cheap? I suggest we should ask Madam Shalini for an extra 50 lakhs."

"Firstly, trouble is leaving, and now you want an extra 50 lakhs." Reacting to Surekha's suggestion, he glared at his wife.

"Don't forget that Hiya's divorce hasn't happened yet. If they find out about it, they won't agree to marry their son to Hiya, even if you try to buy it that way," Surekha retorted with a twisted expression.

"So, what do you want then?" Ashok asked Surekha, his eyes brows creased with confusion.

"I want us to demand more money from them. If your sister returns to this threshold tomorrow, we shouldn't regret the loss," Surekha replied.

"You're making sense," he responded with a smile.

___________

Ahil had arrived at the court around 5 in the evening with his parents already. Inside, he had no inclination to go through with this marriage, but for the sake of his mother and to teach that greedy girl a lesson, he had decided to proceed with it. Unaware that something more was there for him to get in this relationship and that was destiny's choice and an unwavering indefinite feeling blooming inside him, giving a pull to him to that girl he already despised, maybe for name sake.

He was wearing a three-piece suit in a duo colour blend of white and dark blue, complemented by a glass textured tie, sparkling. With his light brown hair, hazel brown eyes, and a slight beard, he looked remarkably charming.

Glancing at her phone’s screen which showed the time to be 5:28 meaning it's been 28 minutes already that they arrived but Ashok’s and his family is nowhere to be found. Feeling irritated with a wrinkle on his forehead, Shalini dials Hiya’s brother number going at side. After a few rings he finally answers the call making the popping frown slide off.

"What's the matter, Mr. Ashok Dayal? Why haven't you and the bride arrived yet?" She inquired with an irritated tone, grinding her teeth.

On the other hand, hearing Shalini’s voice Ashok hesitated to speak the words his wife fed in his mouth. Seeing that Surekha snatches the phone from his hand, irked with melancholy stuttering words. She laces her voice with a tinge of sadness, and said, "We are ready Madam and have also arrived at the parking lot. But I can't bring Hiya, as she is demanding at least 25 lakh rupees before signing at the register”, a deep frown cracked over her face with a gasp.

“She found out that after inheriting the family property, you plan to get her a divorce. So, for her own self assurance, she wants something in return”, she continues while other's approached behind her to know why are they still waiting.

Hearing this news other's gasp too with disappointment lingered over their face as the call was accidentally put on loudspeaker. While noticing the distress on Ahil's mother face anger fueled inside him. When his father with confusion uttered, "Really? Is she really demanding for money?"

"Greedy girl!", Ahil mutters under his breath.

With an innocent demeanour, Ashok replied, "Yes, Shalini Madam. If you don't believe, ask her yourself."

"Let it be, I don't want to ask if she is really asking money or you both?" Shalini responded in a stern voice but as she turned her eyes met with Ahil and she felt flustered. "Bring Hiya along, and I'll discuss the requested amount later. I will give it to her”, she quickly hangs up asserting her words.

Irritated Ahil growls and blurts, "What the hell is this mom...? Don't that girl have any conscience left in her? How can she shamelessly demand for money like that? His mother feels sorry for Hiya and Ahil for being grinded between two selfish families as one wants money while other one a daughter-in-law and child. She wanted to clarify his misconception when Ahil dashes off inside leaving her with sealed lips.

“Whatever amount she wants, she'll get it. But for that I'll teach that greedy girl a nice lesson which she will remember all her lifetime”, He with a strong determination mumbles to himself.

__________

The atmosphere in the courtroom was thick with tension and anticipation as Hiya stood there, veiled and visibly nervous.
Ahil hadn't seen her face, and besides the fact that she wore a rich maroon lehenga adorned with intricate silver and golden embellishments, her appearance remained a mystery. She had a beautiful white hand without Mehendi, showcasing a diamond ring sent by her mother and thick gold bangles. The hand subtly hinted at her nervousness as she intertwined her fingers. Ahil, observing her keenly muttered to himself with a scoff, "It's all just a drama."

On the other hand, Hiya's sister-in-law was seeing Ahil Raizada for the first time in her life. The famous business tycoon, whose name she had only heard till now, was now standing before her. Ahil's exceptional charm and handsomeness captivated her gaze for hours without blinking. Witnessing this, she felt a pang of jealousy towards Hiya.

Ahil casually signed the marriage papers without a second thought as if it's just a piece of paper with no importance to him. However, Hiya, holding the pen, began scrutinising the papers.

Her delicate fingers hesitated over the pen, lingering on the papers that held the fate of her future. Her brother and sister-in-law exchanged worried glances, sensing the hesitation in her actions. The air became charged with the unspoken, and the weight of misunderstanding loomed large.

Ahil on the other hand, oblivious to the turmoil within Hiya, maintained his indifferent composure. However, his mother, acutely perceptive, observed the tension in the room. The misunderstanding between Hiya's apprehensions and Ahil's detached attitude created an emotional chasm, adding to the palpable heat in the room.

As Hiya continued to stare at the papers bluntly, the silence spoke volumes, and the unspoken emotions hung in the air. The room became a battlefield of unexpressed feelings, and the uncertainty of the moment intensified the drama, making the atmosphere even more charged and sensitive. Ahil looked at his mother and she feeling helpless turned her gaze towards Hiya's brother and sister-in-law, awaiting her decision.