Chapter 2: Beaters

-Opening-

December 2, 2022

Kyo is seen leaning against the side of a building, his eyes closed, and arms crossed. One month has passed since the game began. During that time, 2,000 people have died. The remaining players were divided into four groups: players who could not accept Kayaba's terms and thus waited within Town of Beginnings for outside help, [The Army] members, players who squandered their money and later joined The Army, and players belonging to various guilds. Only a mere fraction of those were solo players. Though, Kyo was a bit scared, he hasn't heard from Maria since the Town of Beginnings, he just hopes that she's alive and safe. 

However, despite all that, no one has yet been able to clear the first floor. Not even Kyo was able to find it, and he was a beta tester, he cursed Kayaba for changing things. But today, a meeting on defeating the floor 1 boss is being held, Kyo opened his eyes and pushes himself off the wall and makes his way to the meeting, deciding to stay up top away from a lot of people and a blue haired standing on the stage started clap and to get their attention.

???: Okay, let's get started people! Thank you for coming today. My name is Diabel. I like to consider my "job" in this game as Knight.

Kyo: *thinks* Bro really said job...

Everyone started to laugh at Diabel, one saying how there was no job system in the game, with Kyo shaking his head in amusement. Once everyone settled down, Diabel looked at them with a serious expression.

Diabel: Right, today, our party found the boss room at the top of the tower. 

Kyo: *shocked* Say what?!

Everyone else looked equally as shocked, some wondering if they heard Diabel right.

Diabel: First thing first, we need to defeat the boss, reach the second floor, and tell everyone waiting in the Town of Beginnings that it is possible to beat this game. Everyone present here shares this duty! Do you all agree?

Everyone there all looked at each, then, with a nod of understanding, started to clap and cheer for Diabel, one of them even gave a small whistle. Kyo smiled, he was a bit impressed with Diabel. 

Diabel: All right, then let us begin our planning. First, divide into parties of six.

Kyo: Bro, what?!

Kyo's face shifted to annoyed, as he looked around and already saw a bunch of players forming parties with each other. He scratches his head, trying to think on who would allow him to join, when he was brought out of his thoughts by someone touching his shoulder.

???: Looking for one to join?

Kyo's eyes widened, as he spun around to face three more familiar faces, one having light blue hair, one having blonde hair, and the last one having green hair. These three are Elira, Pomu, and Finana, three classmates that were in his school.

 These three are Elira, Pomu, and Finana, three classmates that were in his school