Chapter 3: The Red Nosed Reindeer

-Opening-

-April 8, 2024 Floor 11: Taft-

???: Here's to us, the Moonlit Black Cats! Chhers!

One of the five people, a blond hair male, wearing a black beanie with an orange cloak over his gray armor, yellow shirt and brown pants. He was then followed by the other four.

 He was then followed by the other four

Everyone: Cheers!

Meanwhile Kyo, who held a silver cup in his hands like them, just awkwardly stared at them. Until they all looked over at him, as the yellow member spoke up again.

???: And here's to Kyo, the man who saved our lives! Cheers!

Everyone: Cheers!

Kyo: C-Cheers...

Despite everything, Kyo still couldn't get used to being around people, as of right now, he's in a small tavern with these players, after saving them in a forest, they decided to repay him by bringing him here. He and Kirito decided to go their separate ways a while ago, but they still messaged each other now and again. 

Member 1: You saved us!

Member 2: Thanks.

Member 3: Thanks a lot!

Female Member: Thank you. 

Kyo: Oh, it was nothing.

Female Member: I was really scared. Then, when you came to save me, I was so happy.

Kyo: S-Sure.

One of the members, the leader, Kyo guess, walked over to him and leaned in to whisper.

Leader: Um, Kyo... I know this is really rude to ask, but what level are you?

Kyo scratches his cheek and diverts his gaze.

Kyo: Level 20 or so.

He lied about his level being 20, he's actually a bit higher than that, he didn't tell them the truth because he thought they would push him away. He took a look over at his level, showing that he was a level "50". 

Leader: That isn't too different than ours. It's really amazing that you're a solo player.

Kyo: Keita, you don't need to be so polite. Solo players just target isolated enemies. It isn't that efficient. 

Keita: Oh... Oh, I see. In that case, Kyo, what would you think about joining our guild?

Kyo looked at Keita in surprise, as Keita pointed over to one of the members in purple.

Keita: The only one we have who can occupy the vanguard is Tetsuo, a mace user.

He then walks over to the female member and starts patting her on the head.