Epilogue

Danielle, Honey, Esperanza, and Perra were flying across the ocean on Jeffery's old motor propelled boat.  Esperanza was at the wheel of course, because she had the most experience.
Esperanza had been slowly fixing the boat in preparation for this precise long voyage.  She had made a few alterations in order to make it open sea worthy.
Familiarity and confidence filled her as she had taken them on routes that had been first navigated in her own life-time.  The same routes her father had used to leave the Americas bound for Spain with the cargo that would change his life forever.  Her own small unusual crew, however, were not heading to Spain.
The full moon shone bright overhead.  Danielle and Honey watched anxiously as Esperanza eased the boat closer towards the little island.  Danielle was the first to see it.
"I think I see it!  I think that's it!"  She squealed in excitement.  The cave on the side of the island had an entrance, in the shape of a 'V'.

The treasure had been so much more than any of them could have ever dreamed of and had laid untouched for centuries upon centuries.  They had not taken all of the treasure though.  They had only taken enough for them all to live comfortably.  Very comfortable.  Esperanza had collected the 3 gold coins and left them with the remaining treasure.  "Just in case."
Also, they legally bought the 3 small islands in a  private deal, and made it illegal for anyone to trespass within a 25 mile radius.  They named three islands Francisco, Pierre, and Jeffery after all of Esperanzas fathers.
Honey sat by the resort style pool in her purple bathing suit sipping a fruity drink and trying to catch a tan.
Esperanza also known as Rani, had just pulled up to the house on her new toy, a brand new sports bike.  She was adapting very well to this time.  She dismounted the bike and strolled into the house waving at Honey.
Danielle was just about to put the baby down in her crib to sleep when Rani came in.
"How's my baby girl Rylan?" Rani cooed taking the baby from Danielle and they shared a tender and meaningful kiss.  They had named the baby after Danielles parents Ryan and Kaitlan.