╠25╣

Many days had passed since Winston had first suggested the idea of expanding their cave or practically renovating it to better suit their needs. The thought of transforming their underground haven excited everyone, and they had spent countless hours discussing the possibilities.

Today, however, was a significant day. All the men, except for Leon, planned to visit the Leopard King's place. The Leopard King was renowned as one of the best builders in the city, and they were eager to hear his expertise and opinions on their renovation project. Winston, who had never undertaken such an endeavor before, felt the weight of uncertainty and recognized that he could definitely use some guidance on this.

Azura, on the other hand, found the situation utterly unbelievable. While she was supportive of their plans, it seemed strange to her that the men were so eager to venture out without her. Thankfully, the Leopard King had agreed to lend them his wisdom, which brought a sense of relief.

"Are you guys seriously going?" Azura asked, her eyebrows raised in disbelief as she leaned against the wall.

"Yes," Asher replied, a hint of determination in his voice.

"Without me?" Azura pouted, crossing her arms in playful defiance.

The underlying reason for their decision became evident to her as she remembered Winston’s previous words. If she accompanied them, there was a chance she might want to stay longer than anticipated. Perhaps it was for the best that they planned this trip without her; after all, she didn’t want to seem over-eager, even if the thought of the renovation thrilled her.

"Yes,"Winston reaffirmed, steadily patting her head in a gesture of camaraderie.

No, her puppy eyes would not sway them today.

"But—"

Noah quickly cut in, a reassuring tone in his voice. "No buts, darling. Your estrous cycle just ended yesterday, and you shouldn’t be running around so much."

Azura’s eyes widened in surprise; how had her physical condition turned into an excuse?

"We just want you to stay home and rest. If you want, you can even... well, you know... with Leon," Noah suggested with a teasing smile.

"He won’t mind, okay, darling? We don’t want to take you along because there are many hurdles in the way, and you might accidentally hurt yourself."

Asher chimed in, adding to their collective reasoning.

"No more arguments now," Winston said firmly, bringing the discussion to a close.

"Don’t you want to stay home with me?" Leon asked playfully, raising an eyebrow as he pulled her closer to him, showcasing his softer side that she always appreciated.

Azura nodded, a mixture of emotions on her face. "I want to, but I also want to see the location of our new house," she admitted, her voice tinged with excitement and disappointment.

"Come on, darling. We’ll go visit it later if these guys finalize it," Leon reassured her, running his fingers gently through her hair.

"Let us go first; you can always visit it later," Curtis chimed in, patting her head affectionately.

"Fine then,"Azura finally conceded.
"Okay, I’m not going with you. Just please go and come back safely!" she said, offering them a genuine smile, which they all returned as they prepared to depart.

They all had left early In the morning and didn't plan on coming back till evening , after all their aim today was to thoroughly inspect the surrounds and other measures .