111 - 120

Chapter 111

Song Anan kept waiting expectantly for Pei Kuang and Song Zhenhui to come out from the study.

She hurriedly went up to meet them when they finally emerged, "Brother, you're finally out!"

What was with that "finally"? She must be very eager and impatient, afraid that he might make things difficult for others?

Song Zhenhui glanced at Song Anan. He was already unhappy that she only seemed to have eyes for that brat Pei Kuang.

Oblivious, Song Anan bubbled excitedly, "Sister-in-law made snacks. They're so yummy! Do you want to try some?"

Pei Kuang smiled and nodded, "Sure."

Watching the two beside him, Song Zhenhui let out a cold snort, "Don't you see your brother standing right here?"

Song Anan was taken aback. "I... I see you."

Didn't she call out to him earlier?

Song Zhenhui said, "Then how come you only asked if he wanted snacks? You should've asked me too."

All you care about is offering it to this lousy brat. She's obviously biased.

Song Anan was confused. "But Brother, you don't like sweet stuff, right?"

Song Zhenhui replied matter-of-factly, "So just because I don't like it, you don't even bother asking me anymore?"

Without waiting for Song Anan's reply, he turned and headed for the kitchen to look for Zhao Ya.

Song Anan: "???"

She knew he wouldn't eat it, so why should she ask? Wouldn't that be deliberately annoying him?

Song Anan scratched her head in bewilderment. Why was Brother acting so strange today?

Seeing the girl still wrapped in confusion, Pei Kuang helplessly shook his head.

She really was a silly girl. She still hadn't realized her brother was just jealous.

Though one couldn't blame Song Anan. Who'd have thought her usually stoic brother would actually feel jealous?

Pei Kuang laughed and ruffled her hair affectionately.

Song Anan turned to him and asked, "What is it?"

Pei Kuang looked at her indulgently. "Still going for snacks?"

Song Anan immediately forgot about Song Zhenhui. She nodded eagerly, chatting happily, "Let's go to the living room. I picked out some really yummy ones for you just now..."

Song Anan had planned to ask Pei Kuang about what happened in the study when they were alone eating snacks in the living room. But before she could bring it up, Song Zhenhui and Zhao Ya came over.

She didn't get a chance to speak with Pei Kuang privately until the end of the family gathering, when it was almost time to sleep.

Zhao Ya brought Pei Kuang upstairs to the guest bedroom.

"Little Kuang, I just had Aunt Lee tidy up this room yesterday. Let me know if you need anything else."

Pei Kuang smiled. "Thanks, Auntie."

Zhao Ya waved it off. "We're all family. No need to stand on ceremony."

She then called for Song Anan and Song Zhenhui, who was standing by the door, to leave.

"It's getting late. Let's all turn in." Looking at Pei Kuang, she added, "Rest early, Little Kuang."

Pei Kuang politely returned, "Good night, Uncle and Auntie."