VI

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

I was caught in a mental paradox. On one hand, I could just come clean and tell my friends about my feelings, thus sparing my heart. On the other hand, what if it got back to him somehow? I'd be risking the friendship that was just firmly rebuilt.

As much as I want to hate Cher for even suggesting it, it isn't her fault. I had told her that Elton and I are just friends. As far as I was concerned, she was totally clueless.

Maybe this would be good for me. Tai is my friend now. If Elton goes with Tai, harboring feelings for him would be totally awful of me. A girl can't like her friend's guy.

"Who's Elton," Tai piques. She's interested now.

Dionne is definitely on board. "Oh, my god. He's way popular. He's like the social director of the crew."

"His dad can get you into any concert." Cher quirks her head. "And, I noticed him scoping you out."

What?

"He totally waved at you earlier!"

You mean when he waved at me?

"He was looking at me?" Tai wonders, incredulous.

"Says you gave him a toothache," Cher deadpans.

"How'd I do that?"

Cher shrugs. "It's an expression. It means he thought you were sweet."

"Yeah?" Tai giggles. "Wow."

She keeps walking but the rest of us hang back.

"Is that true?" Dionne scepticises.

Cher sends Dionne an 'of course not' look and says, "No!"

"You are so bad," Dee tells her. She turns her head and sees me slowly following behind. "Sam, are you okay? You're so quiet today."

I fake a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I... have a headache. I'm going to go see the nurse."

Cher pats my arm sympathetically, "Feel better, okay? See you later."

I wave as I walk back in the direction we came and tell myself that Cher's plan is a good idea.

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

My sister had her mind set on taking group pictures of the friend group with her new camera. She dragged me, Dee, Murray, Amber, Summer, Elton, and Tai out to a pretty courtyard with a fountain.

She poses the seven of us on the ledge of the fountain. "Move your legs," she directs Dionne. She and Murray are cuddled up on one side, Amber and Summer take up the middle, and Elton and I make up the left, his arm around me. Tai is an outlier as she's sitting at least three feet away.

Cher forces Tai to sit closer causing the rest of us to squish in more. I'm practically sitting on Elton's lap. I can feel the warmth of his legs through my pants. We fit so perfectly together. All I can think about is how delicious the weight of his arm is wrapped around my shoulders. I look up at him to see his eyes already set on mine. His lips part as if he wants to say something.

Cher adjusts her camera. "Elton put your arm around Tai."

Moment ruined.

Elton rolls his eyes. "Alright."

I watch Tai's eyes light up as he pulls her in closer.

My sister makes Elton and Murray stand up so us girls can get pictures.

"Cher are you allowing requests," I ask hopefully. "I'm having a good makeup, hair, and outfit day. This can't go to waste."

She laughs at me. "Yeah come over here." She stands me in front of a red hibiscus bush and snaps a few pictures.

Elton watches from next to Cher. "Cool picture."

"She looks classic," Cher agrees.

I crinkle my nose at them. "Stop it you guys, I'm blushing."

"Let me get some with her for my ma," Elton says.

He stands close to me and snakes an arm around my waist. I nestle into his side and rest a hand on his chest beaming at the camera.

"Make me a copy," he proposed.

I interject. "Me too!"

"You got it," Cher arranges.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Double update cause this chap was really short. Kind of a filler but the photoshoot scene is one of my favs. I love writing for you guys. Have a gorg day 'quettes.

QOTD: What movie can you never get tired of?

xx ⸺viv