XVIII

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

Dinner goes smoothly and Elton drives me home.

"I'm so glad I have you," I tell him as I kiss him goodbye.

He smiles. "The feeling is mutual. And may I say you look even more gorgeous with my ring on your finger?"

I laugh at him. "I love you. Drive safe."

"I love you, sleep well."

I pull my heels off and walk up the stairs. Elton won't leave until I get inside so I wave goodbye. I know I'm smiling like a clown, but I'm over the moon. Everything feels perfect. I twirl my ring as I step inside the house.

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

The last thing I expected to see when I got home from dinner was Cher and Josh making out on the stairs.

I gasp, "What the hell?"

Josh jumps to his feet. "Oh! Sam! You're... home!"

"Uh-huh."

Cher stands up too. "Sam, imagine if I asked you to stop loving Elton."

"One, these are two ENTIRELY different situations. Two, Elton was never my step brother. Three, I'm not asking anything of you."

"You mean," Josh begins. "You aren't mad?"

"Sure, it's weird and I'm freaked out, but I can't stop you from doing what you want."

They breathe out.

"You have to tell Mel though," I say, jabbing Josh in the chest.

"That is..." he starts. But he stops when he sees my expression. "Totally fair and perfect. I will get right on that."

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

As is turns out, Mrs. Geist and Mr. Hall get married. They have Cher to thank for bringing them together so she gets exclusive invites. Cher, Dionne, Tai, and I go with Josh, Murray, Travis, and Elton. We sit around a conjoined tale and talk about our futures.

"Sam, out of all of us, you and Elton are most likely to get married first," Dee points out. "I'd say Murray and I but I want to live a life before we get married."

Tai plays with the woven flowers in Dionne's hair. "I know that when I have my wedding, I want this whole entire floral motif-"

"No no no," Dee cuts off. "When I get married, I'm gonna have a sailor dress-"

"My God, they're planning our weddings already," Murray complains.

We get called to the bouquet throwing and I send a wink to Elton. He rolls his eyes but he does so with a smile.

He grabs my wrist before we leave. "Look, we got a pool going to see who's girl's gonna catch the bouquet. It's up to $200..."

I hit his chest. "This is why we don't bet- But I'll catch it." I smirk and follow the girls.

It's a full-on brawl as we fight for the bouquet but somehow it ends up in my hands. I whoop loudly and sprint into Elton's arms. He spins me around and whispers in my ear, "You know what they say about the girl who catches the bouquet."

I look up at him. "Yeah?"

"I think I can make something happen."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Can you believe it's over? Oh by the way! The end!

QOTD: Did you enjoy Totally Clueless?

Please consider voting with the star.

If you don't vote and comment you hate movies >:(

xx ⸺viv