XVI

౨ৎ⋆。˚☏

sexual content has since been deleted.

Much later, when Elton is gone, Cher comes home from shopping. Something is off about her. She's odd and standoffish. Yet, she approaches me.

"I'm sorry."

I am caught off guard.

"What?"

She rolls her eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Where is this coming from?"

"Look," she shifts her weight awkwardly. "I've done some thinking, and I was wrong. Tai isn't hung up on Elton, and she never would've been in the first place if it wasn't for me."

She looks at me expectantly.

"What do you want me to say? If you want me to disagree, that's not happening."

"I don't- I don't know, Sam. I feel bad now. And I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you about it."

Everything feels too sudden, and the silence is making me uncomfortable. "It's too little too late, Cher. Where did this even come from?"

She stares at me with more urgency. Tears are slowly welling in her eyes. "I don't know, but I realized something today and I couldn't tell anyone. You're the one I come home to and tell my secrets and I miss you. I'm sorry I was wrong. Please, Sam."

My voice is still angry, barely above a whisper. "What do you need to tell me?"

"I don't think I should tell you while you're still mad," she stutters.

"Just tell me," I grit out.

"I- I'm in love with Josh."

"Excuse me?!"

Her tears are falling now but she's still trying to blink them back. "I-"

"You mean our stepbrother?!"

"He's not our stepbrother anymore-"

I laugh manically. "Maybe not, but he was at one point! That's not even the worst part. You're such a hypocrite, Cher!"

"What?"

"Now who wants to go with the guy Tai likes? You."

"How did you know about that?"

"Oh, please. It's so obvious."

She opens her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it. "I don't want to talk to you right now. I can forgive you for all the stuff with Tai; maybe I could understand what this strange fascination with Josh is, but I am so mad at you. Go shower. I'm going to bed. Don't wake me up."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

We love a boundary-setting queen

QOTD: are we still mad at Cher?

xx ⸺viv