𝑿𝑿

✧ ˚ · .

In the heart of darkness, she lies upon a solitary bed, a lone island amidst the sea of obscurity.

The room envelops her in its shroud of shadow, every corner obscured by the impenetrable cloak of night.

The air hangs heavy with stillness, broken only by the hushed whispers of her own breath echoing into the void.

Lei'wa gradually awakens from what feels like an endless slumber, her senses slowly reawaken to a world shrouded in ambiguity.

With each flutter of her eyelids, she attempts to bring clarity to her surroundings, only to be met with the disorienting haze of blurred vision.

Shapes morph and blend into one another, colors bleed into indistinct hues, and the lines between reality and dreams blur into an unsettling fusion.

Every movement is accompanied by a dizzying wave of disorientation, as if her consciousness is struggling to synchronize with the physical realm once more.

In the midst of this visual chaos, she grapples with the unsettling realization that she has emerged from the depths of a coma, confronting a journey of recovery fraught with uncertainty and ambiguity.

She felt unusual. As though she were no longer herself.

Her ears become the gateway to a world beyond the confines of her solitary chamber.

Each raindrop, like a delicate symphony conductor, orchestrates its descent, tapping rhythmically against the window pane with a melodic resonance that reverberates through the room.

The patter of rain creates a soothing cadence, a gentle lullaby that lulls her senses into a state of serene awareness.

Amidst the symphony of nature, whispers emerge from the distant reaches of her consciousness, faint murmurs carried on the ethereal breeze.

With a sudden swift, Lei'wa finds herself sat up, her head pointing towards the door when she notices a shadow figure presented right in front of her.

"Wh-Who are you?" She stuttered, shifting her legs up as she's trying to get herself off the bed.

"You do not have to be worried child. I am not here to hurt you" the woman's voice was much too calm, that it caused Lei'wa to feel uneasy.

"Why am I here?" Lei'wa asks, "why do I feel so.. so thirsty?" She feels a change within her gaze, her gums shooting in pain.

"You must be thirsty dear. You have not had nothing to eat nor drink, witching the past two months" The woman responded.

Lei'wa then brings her hands forward, to level to her eyes.

Not only did she feel strange. She looked strange.

A lot pale than usual, that it felt her skin began to glow within the darkness around her.

"What has happened to me?" She looks back up to the shadowed figure, "why can I not see you? Am I.. dead?"