Chloe (girlxgirl)

Chloe

Surfacing the water to take a deep breath, watching her shake her head no, my hands gripping onto the pools ledge as I rolled my eyes in frustration. I've been going at this since nine in the morning and now it's clocking on to half ten. And I'm still mere milliseconds away from breaking my personal best. Placing my hands flat on the pool edge, I heaved myself up out of the water to sit on the ledge. Looking at the empty pool with the artificial lights glistening from off of the surface, Chloe coming over to sit next to me hanging her feet in the water. She wore her mousey brown hair in soft curls, her hazel eyes staring down at her feet resting her head on my damp shoulder. My cheek pressed against the top of her when she took my hand in hers to hold.

Chloe is probably the only girl I respect, the only girl who understands why I am the way I am. The only person to have not judged me or questioned my morals, but still told me straight about what she thinks of me when it's needed or when I'm out of hand. She's the only girl I would never try anything with, even if she was the last girl on the planet. I mean, don't get me wrong she is very attractive and if she was someone different, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Being around her brings out the best in me... to a certain degree.

Pressing my lips to the top of her head I clambered up onto my feet, offering my hand to help her up.

It didn't take me long to get dressed when we made our way to my car, the sun beating down on my damp hair making the smell of chlorine that lingered on my skin stronger. Unlocking the car we both climbed inside in unison, rolling down the windows once the engine was turned on. Before I could reach into the glove compartment for my aviators, Chloe was already wearing them leaving me to use the cars sun visor to keep it out of my eyes.

“You never did say why you went for Autumn at the party the other day.” Bringing it back up after I've shot it down a few days ago.

I just shrugged not even going to reply with an explanation, “I'm hungry, do you want?” I asked when I pulled into the fast food restaurant, heading towards the intercom.

“Just a coke.” She told me with a sigh knowing she wasn't going to get an answer from me.

Making the order I drove slowly to the next window, money already in hand I gave it to the cashier as they handing me the paper bag in return with two drinks in a holder, giving it to Chloe I took my change driving away.

“Pass me a burger.” I spoke holding my hand out, keeping my eyes on the road.

“Where we going?” She question placing one of my burgers into my hand.

“Thought we could go to the caves while the tide is out.” I smiled, taking a bite of my food.

“In that case, I'm having one of your burgers and fries.” She stated making me laugh a little.

“Thought you would.”

The drive took near enough twenty-minutes to get to the shoreline, where the caves where chiselled into the cliffs after years of erosion that now hung higher than the sea level. The caves have always been mine and Chloe's hideout since we were around the ages of nine, but obviously having someone who can drive is much more easier than begging our parents for a day trip to the ocean. One good thing about our get away place is that the wind nor rain can enter into the cave, leaving it normally dry and able to hold fires to keep it warm. When it's been the summer and early autumn months we would collect died wood and any type of kindling to store in the cave.