Chapter 7

Peter: I can't cook so sue me.

Wade: Ain't much to sue baby boy.

Peter: Shush.

Wade: This is why I need to care for you. Because clearly you aren't capable of your own baby boy.

Peter: I've been doing it for twenty one years. I'll be fine.

Wade: Hmm. I'm not so sure about that.

Peter searched through his closet for an embarrassing amount of time for something that looked nice. Peter eventually found a sweater that didn't have holes or stains and a pair of jeans that may had gotten him for his birthday a few years ago. He pulled them on and texted Wade that he was ready.

Peter: I'm ready to go when you are.

Wade: Alright be there in a few

Peter went outside. It was still January in New York so it was cold. Peter had a heavier coat over his sweater; he wondered how Wade was going to fair in the weather if he actually wore a dress. Peter doubted it Wade had probably just said that because he was Wade and he liked dramatics.

Then again you never knew with him Peter mused. Peter was looking around, hands in his pockets rocking back on the balls of his feet when he saw Wade finally. Wade was wearing a red button up shirt and a pair of dress pants he made Peter feel underdressed still. Wade also had a hoodie on due to the weather and it covered his face.

Peter had never seen Wade's face before despite Wade knowing everything about him. Peter guessed he was self conscious about his scars. Peter had seen glimpses of his skin when they were on patrol and his hand earlier when he had Peter's phone.

"Hey." Wade said it was much quieter and subdued than he usually was. Peter let Wade walk over to him. Wade waved shyly as he finally got close enough for Peter to make out his face. Wade didn't seem to have any hair at all including eyebrows but what really stood out to Peter was his bright brown eyes.

"Hi." Peter greeted back.

"Ready to go?" Wade asked, holding out his arm he grinned at Peter.

"Yup." Peter said he chuckled at Wade's antics. Peter grabbed a hold of Wade's arm and let the man lead him to where they were going. Peter listened to Wade talk on the way there about random things like Golden Girls and he evidently had a daughter