𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 4

~

𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

{𝙽𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸}

I felt so bad for Jorja.

After her and I had a heart to heart a while back, there was a level of understanding between us that none of us thought we would reach.

I mean, we weren't buddy/buddy, but we were growing close. In fact, while she was away, I was the only person to hear from her.

What happened to her after the fight messed me up, and I wanted to make sure she was okay. Casual checkups turned into daily texts back and forth.

So you could imagine my guilt when she found out that D didn't want me to turn him on our honeymoon.

I wanted to tell her so bad. I tried everything in my power to change D's mind, but her and I both knew that once his mind was made up, there was no changing it.

When I felt her anxiety, I rushed over as fast as I could. I wanted to tell her then. But, at the end of the day, there was nothing she could do about it.

Watching her and the rest of the pack leave the way they did was sobering. What D and I planned was dangerous on his part. Even though he surpassed me in muscle, I was still stronger than him.

If I got too carried away tonight, I could end his life. But as much as I wanted to be cautious about this, his sincerity in wanting to love me on our first night as husband and wife - and as a human first - touched me. I just had to hone in on my self control.

"So," Dinah said, helping me out of my wedding gown and into a more simple dress, "he really won't tell you where he's taking you?"

"Nope," I blushed. "It's a surprise."

"Well...have the best time...and don't think too much. This is gonna be a beautiful night for the both of you. So enjoy every minute of it!"

I smiled as she kissed my cheek, walking me down the stairs and out the front door. I was met with everybody lining our front steps on both sides, throwing rice in the air as D and I joyously made our way to his truck hand in hand. Our parents met us there before giving us hugs, wishing us well and a safe trip to wherever we were going.

"You ready?" he asked, smiling at me before kissing the back of my hand.

I blushed before answering.

"I am..."

With that, we were off. I took in the serene forest around us as we cruised down the lone road. That's when I suddenly heard a howl. It was faint...sad...I know D heard it, too.

It was Jorja.

She was really convinced that she was gonna lose her best friend tonight. But I wasn't gonna let that happen. After a while, I recognized where we were. Especially once I saw that familiar jet on the runway.

"How the hell did you get a hold of this?" I chuckled in astonishment. "Mama hasn't taken us on vacation in this thing for in years."

"It helps that I'm her favorite son," D winked. "Come on. We're due for takeoff soon."

I took his hand before we made our way onto the jet. I greeted our old crew before we got situated.

The whole flight was spent with D holding me close, the both of us just talking about everything and nothing. It seemed like we landed in no time. Once I got out of the plane, I grew excited at where we were.