𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 9

~

𝙱𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

{𝙽𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸}

"You cold?" D asked, noticing my slight shivers as he held me.

"Good thing I brought an extra blanket from home," Jorja said, covering up my body before D straightened it out some.

We were all chillin' in the living room, watching TV and relaxing for the day.

"Ya'll don't have to dote over me, you know," I chuckled.

"It'd be kind of wild if we didn't," Jorja smirked. "Just sayin'..."

"Besides," D said, "you don't need to be doin' too much, anyway. You got a whole village here."

"Which," I interjected as I looked back over to Jorja, "feels complete whenever you're here, for some reason."

Jorja eyed me in mild shock, smiling some before her face grew with concern. I was starting to feel sick again, though I was trying my best not to show it. Guess I wasn't doin' that great of a job.

"We need to find a way to get some food into your system, baby," mom cooed, caressing my face as she stood behind us.

"If only I could see the fetus..." Vic said.

"The baby..." Coco corrected.

"...maybe I could figure out what it wants."

"He might need blood," I heard Dinah say from her room. "I know he's half human, but me and mom have been talking. He might not even crave human food until he's actually born. And blood might help your body get better."

I nodded in thought, knowing that it made sense.

"What's up?" D asked. "What you thinkin'?"

"I think he's thirsty," I responded.

"His craving must've already kicked in," mama said, rubbing my stomach smoothy, "which means he's not gonna want animal blood. Hold on..."

We watched as she went to the kitchen, coming back out with a glass of blood before giving it to me.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait..." Jorja said, "...I thought the baby was half human. Shouldn't she be eating human food?"

"This is the fastest way to test the theory," mama responded. "If Mani rejects this, than we can find alternatives."

Everyone watched as I drank the blood, immediately recognizing who it belonged to. This was D's blood. I remembered his taste from when I first bit him.

Him and mama must've done this while I was resting. His smile towards me when I looked at him was all the confirmation I needed.

"You taste good..." I uttered to him as I melted into his warmth, him chuckling while kissing my forehead.

As I continued drinking, mama took my pulse, mom laying a gentle touch to my hair.

"Your pulse is already gettin' stronger," mama smiled. "It's working."

I smiled as I continued to drink. I felt the baby calm along with my body, the both of us in complete content. D was right...we found a way...

~

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

"Hey, ya'll."

"Hi, baby!"