𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"L/n we're going to be late if you don't hurry up and you know how our families are like," Giyuu stated, leaning against the doorway as you rushed around to find your other earring.

"I know I'm coming," you said frantically as you pratically stabbed the other earring through your earlobe.

After switching off the lights, Giyuu stepped to the side to allow you to pass through the door.

"L/n."

A shaky sigh left your lips as you rapidly locked the door.

"L/n."

Your eyes met his and you bit the inside of your cheek.

"Relax, okay? We'll be fine,"

"I know, I'm just a little anxious about the whole thing and I'm scared it will get super awkward and oh god what if my dad's here too you know how my mum likes surprises..." You continued rambling about all the worst case scenarios.

"L/n. Take a deep breath."

You did as he said, allowing your arms to fall by your sides.

"There we go..." he murmmered, watching you relax.

You mutually agreed that Giyuu would drive so ended up in his car.

It was about a 20 minute drive to the restaurant and a very silent drive to say the least.

Giyuu was focused on the road, so little conversation was made, which gave you a chance to calm your racing mind.

You didn't hate your family.

They were just...chaotic sometimes.

And your mum would get oddly unhinged when she was with Giyuu's mum. Plus, they were the biggest gossips you know and who knows the rumours they'd come up with the moment they saw you and Giyuu acting civil for the first time.

The car pulled up outside a decently sized building, giving you the chance to hop out as Giyuu looked for a place to park.

You were five minutes early as traffic was light at this hour, so passed a few minutes messaging your roommate who wished you luck.

Giyuu was by your side again shortly after, but as you went inside you were met with a long queue of people.

"Have they reserved a table?" he asked.

"Yeah so I think we should be able to cut to the front. Follow me."

You wrapped a hand around Giyuu's wrist and guided him through a sea of people until you came face to face with a waiter.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we have no tables at the moment, everything is either booked or for larger groups of peoples. If you still want to-"

"Oh actually we already have something reserved for us,"

"Can I have your name then please?" he held up a clipboard.

-

Shortly afterwards you were walking towards the table which sat the two women you had been waiting to see.

"Hey honey!" your mums familiar (and slightly shrill) voice spoke before she emerged herself out from her seat to hug you.

Giyuu's mother did the same and you almost laughed watching the usually stoic boy go as red as a tomato as she playfully squished his cheeks.

"Y/n let me know if my son gives you a hard time will you? He gets so grumpy sometimes."

You grinned taking notice of Giyuu's embarassed facial expression and reassured her you would.

The first 45 minutes of the meal was spent talking and catching your mum up with everything.

"Well I have to admit I'm glad you two can finally be in the same room without biting eachother's heads off," your mum said, gesturing opposite towards you Giyuu.

"Yeah, it was a bit rocky at first though but we worked through it," you shifted awkwardly in your seat, crossing your legs and for the first time all evening, Giyuu looked at you, softly.

And all of a sudden, your world stopped and everything around you was backround noise.

His next move was subtle, yet almost calculated. He moved his knee so it grazed against yours and interlocked his pinky finger with your own under the table causing your breath to hitch as if there was an elastic band around your lungs.

The atmosphere of the restaurant grew heavy and you became still, like a statue, apprehensive for what gesture Giyuu would perform next.

The mothers' backs were turned away from you as they gossiped about one thing or another.

You almost stood up and left, beginning to get overwhelmed by everything, but Giyuu silently kept you grounded, giving your hand a reassuring squeeze every now and again. Consequently, you were more relaxed the rest of the meal.

-

Exhausted, you fell asleep in Giyuu's car on the way home. It had been a long day and his car was toasty.

"L/n...?" he said, softly, attempting to wake you up.

No response.

Giyuu sighed, and responded in the most rationale way he could think of.

He got out, walked around to the other side of the car, and picked you up bridal style.

His grip tightened around you as he made his way towards the elevator of your dorm complex.

As he walked towards your dorm, Mitsuri, as if by instinct, popped her head out from around the door.

"Oh is she asleep!?" she gasped.

"Yeah she fell asleep on the way back and I didn't want to wake her,"

"Awww how cute! Well come in her room is the second door,"

Giyuu entered, remembering how spacious the university's dorms were before he carefully made his way to your room and placed you down on the bed.

A long sigh of relief left his mouth as he quickly left the building, eager to make his way back to his own home.

-

a/n: short chapter bc the plot is gonna get a bit more intense for a while so i wanted y'all to have one last nice chapter before i make everything go to shit ❤️