𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

You didn't see Giyuu at all the rest of the week until the Saturday before you left, when your mother had planned a little dinner party with some family and friends.

You had slipped on a short white summer dress, perfect for the evening.

You were sitting your room, touching up your hair and makeup, when Giyuu stopped in your doorway.

"You look gorgeous, Y/n, my god,"

"When did you get here?"

"Just now, " he said, eyes scanning your figure before walking towards you and wrapping his arms around you.

He placed a soft series of kisses, from your temple down to your collarbone.

He sat himself down on your bed, eyes shifting down your body as you finished getting ready.

"What?" You spoke, turning your neck to look back at him, a slightly playfully smirk tugging at the corner of your lips.

"Don't mind me, love," he ran a hand through his hair.

You shook your head playfully as you applied some lip gloss.

He got up and pressed a soft kiss to your cheek. "I'm gonna go see if your mum needs any help with anything,"

For once, you were actually excited for something like this, maybe its because it was under different circumstances, but you weren't anxious about it whatsoever.

You waltzed into the living room and spotted lots of familiar faces. A few aunts and uncles and your grandma, as well as a couple of your mum's close friends and their kids.

You offered everyone drinks, and as you opened the cupboard to take out some glasses, Giyuu appeared behind you, reaching above your head to do the same thing.

"Hey," he whispered into your ear so as not to draw too much attention.

"Hi," you responded, smiling.

"They keep asking me a bunch of questions about us, so I came over here,"

Us.

"I'm not surprised, I don't think anyone expected it," you poured a few glass of elderflower wine before walking over to where your family were sitting.

"You're a doll, thank you," your grandma thanked you.

"It's fine, grandma, I promise," you gave her a hug.

"So," she started talking again. "You and Giyuu?"

You weren't too sure what to say but turned your head and caught a glimpse of him with his mother.

"Does he make you happy?"

"So happy," you gushed.

"Well, if you're happy, I'm happy, but if he pulls any crap like when you were kids, I have a shovel and rake in my backgarden,"

You almost snorted.

"He's not like that anymore, I promise,"

"Good," she smiled. "Now, where's that daughter of mine she's been avoiding me all evening,"

Your mouth curved into another smile minutes before Giyuu joined you where you were standing.

"Your grandma just threatened me with a shovel, but I think she approves," he draped an arm over your shoulder.

You leant into him a little, to which he pressed a quick kiss on your head.

"Can you two lovebirds give me a hand with dinner, please?" Your mother called from the other side of the kitchen.