Chapter 2

A spring sat hidden in the forest only a few minutes away from where the Venom Dragon had slept. It wasn't too impressive unless you knew what hid there. Trevor pulled his shoes and socks off, rolled the legs of his jeans up and dipped his feet into the warm water.

"Hey Kaylano...things don't seem so great right now. I'm sure you saw the attack the hunters carried out on the Academy. I want to know more about the hunters. Like why they want to kill every dragon in existence. Kathey said it herself in the history class, the dragons are from a whole star system. There could still be more of them there. Why is it a big deal now? I'm sure they'll give up soon, right?" Trevor seemed to be talking to himself, no spark of an apparition, no sign, nothing. Trevor looked back when he heard the sound of footsteps and his siblings appeared through the bushes.

"Anything from Kaylano?" Brenda asked and Trevor shook his head. He turned around and sat cross legged, his siblings following his lead and they sat in a circle.

"Who do you think those hunters are?" Aya asked.

"People who hate dragons, and dragons who are being controlled by the hunters," Trevor sighed.

"What can we do to stop them?" David wondered.

"Nothing, everybody says to stay away from the hunters no matter what," Brenda answered. They heard a twig snap and turned to see their leader, Kathey, push past the bushes.

They stayed silent under her glare.

"Get back to the mansion all of you," she commanded and those sitting stood and all four of them hurried out of the woods towards the mansion. Kathey stood there watching them leave, turning her back towards the spring.

"I would advise you stop the problem before it gets bigger," Kaylano said behind her. Kathey looked over her shoulder, thinking for a moment before heading towards the mansion herself. She saw the siblings heading towards the griffin stables as she emerged from the trees. She stopped and sighed, looking at the mansion.

Not many dragons even lived in the mansion, even though it was meant to house a lot. Thirty-six dragons and three non-dragons who still taught students. As many as that seems, the mansion could house at least a hundred.

Kathey shrugged before walking inside, only to bump into Mykau and a smile formed on her face. Mykau kissed her and smiled back. Kathey leaned against the counter, her hands on the edge while Mykau's hands lingered on her sides, his thumbs on her belly.

"How's the little one doing?" Mykau asked and Kathey giggled.

"I don't know, the signs have stopped at least," she said gently and giggled again when Mykau got down on his knees and kissed her belly.

"No matter what size and/or shape you are, you will always be beautiful Kathey," Mykau crooned and Kathey swooned.

"You better be saying adorable things to our Little Jelly Bean when we can hear the thoughts," Kathey threatened him playfully and he laughed.

Nearby, Brenda and Aya saw them and swooned.

"Gods, they look so cute together!" Brenda squealed.

"Alright alright, quit swooning over the Headmaster and Headmistress, we have work to do in the stables," Trevor said and he pushed his sisters towards the stables.

"Do we have to clean the stalls today?" Aya complained.

"Yeah, we have to, now come on," Trevor commanded and they all started for the stables where Malice was waiting.

"Alright, Trevor and David, get some pitchforks. Brenda and Aya, start leading the griffins out and into the indoor arena. I want those beautiful creatures panting by the time the stalls are cleaned, either play with them or start having them run around the arena," Malice commanded.