Chapter 4

Trevor stormed through the halls, his siblings on his heels.

"Are you serious? The Hunter Leader is insane?" Brenda asked and Trevor snorted like the dragons always did.

"Yeah, he is, and now Kathey is gonna explain how the hell we're gonna stop him when he's insane like this. Any sane person or dragon alike will not survive against him," Trevor growled and he slammed open Kathey's bedroom door.

Mykau, who apparently had his head on Kathey's lap, sat up at the same time Kathey looked up from her laptop. Trevor opened the book to the page he found and slammed it down on the bed, pointing to it.

"Care to explain why you're busting into my room and slamming this b- where did you get this?" Kathey asked when she noticed what book it was.

"I wanna know why the hell you didn't mention to us that he was insane," Trevor countered.

"Does it matter?"

"Yeah, it does. Why the hell are the hunters coming here? Would they attack if you weren't here?" Trevor demanded and Kathey sighed.

"No, they wouldn't because they have a lock on their target, me, and they're trying to scare me to go after their leader," she confessed.

"Why the hell are you some big prize for this tailspike anyway?" Brenda asked.

"I left a three claw scar on his face. I was the first to escape and leave a mark; he plans on making sure his name isn't tainted because a dragon left a scar and still lives," Kathey scoffed.

"Which again proves he's insane and why we need to help you with this unless you have another plan," Trevor noted.

"Actually I do, we're gonna pit insane against insane," Kathey said.

"Who's the other insane one?" David asked. Kathey and Mykau exchanged a look before answering at the same time.

"Salem."

"Salem!? As in the vampire who teaches Smithing?!" Brenda exclaimed.

"So you're telling me he used to be...insane?" Trevor asked.

"More like Salem is insane. He can control it sometimes, but it's a work in progress. He's not a bad vampire really, he's helpful," Kathey defended. "That's why we need to go to their base and take them out."

"So we send Salem into the base and he takes care of the Hunter Leader?" Aya asked.

"Yeah, how can we attack the base anyway when it's full of hunters, dragons under their control, and a skal ton of weapons that can kill us instantly?" Brenda asked.

"I have a plan, hopefully it works," Kathey stated. "I want you four to help me out with this. You're officially part of the team now, so be ready to move out in a few days." Trevor nodded and they left respectfully.

"If we didn't mean so much to her we would've been expelled just now," Brenda advised and Trevor waved it off.

"We're part of the team and we wanted an explanation for why she didn't mention the Hunter Leader was insane, we deserved it and we got it," Trevor said. "We're gonna put the books away in the library, then head to bed. We're gonna get up early to train and be ready for the mission."

~oOo~

"Morning you two," Sereph said as Kathey and Mykau walked into the Med Lab.

"Hello, Sereph," Kathey said and she sat down on the one chair in the Med Lab that dentists seemed to have usually, only a machine sat next to it. An ultrasound machine. Sereph rolled a stool over to Mykau and he sat down without fear of missing and Sereph moved her desk chair next to the machine, turning it on.