VALENTINA BLIDRUG

We were rested on the couches, sipping coffees, the warmth of the steaming hot cappuccino, brushed my face. It was an obelisk of connectedness, of contentment, as we were escorted together. I had a feeling of enjoying with family. But the tension was equipping the blank area among us. The escortion was freezing us into strain. I glared up at elena, her clear skin shining, which was jagged by the filthy hands of that reaper, who had nearly gropped them against her face, leaving those pockmarks. She was eyeing the coffee mug, her painful eyes were portraying the storm in her heart. I sighed, affectionately keeping my hand on her shoulder, she looked up and faked a smile.
"Well! Don't you worry! We've found a way to cure you....and, I assure you, your brother is totally fine,,he'll be with you in no time,we'll bring him to you!!!"- mother katherine, who too, had understood Elena's tension, whispered gently.

She nodded as Hana stood up, unfolding a paper, and showed it to us. I recognised it, it was the map, I had scrapped off the tower. "Valentina's castle!" Hana said, in her rather cold voice.

"Valentina??"- ed questioned.

Hana coughed softly, pocketing the map, she rested her left hand on her waist and wiped off the stain of blood from her lip.
My eyes, as a reflex, travelled towards leon, who still, was not wearing shirt, laying on a couch, staring inside of me, not at all looking affected by what had happened between us, about an hour ago.

"Valentina Blidrug!?"- hana stated, as we all glared at her, "she is the queen of this island!"

"....and!"- mother katherine continued, "Valentine's desires and hunger of power, led to all this."- her mouth crinkled,softly. "It's believed that she empowered all this, along with her children!"

"What!?" - Elena questioned.

"Yeah! All these creatures on this island, everything has happened by valentina's wish!" -mother Katherine told.

"Psychopath!"- Leon whispered.

"Well! Leon I'll highly appreciate, if you go and wear something, cuz, clearly, nobody here is interested in your sexy abs or something!"- mother said, seriously. As Leon gave her a "what the hell" look, finally he stood up, "ok! Why not!"-he murmured, going upstairs. As he was out of sight, mother sighed irritatingly.

The next few seconds, were passed in processing through our thoughts.Leon came down, finally wearing a t shirt, sat down on his couch. Confused, ed questioned, "but! What made her do all this!?"

"Her fear and insecurities, probably!" Mother sighed

"Fear!?"- my brows narrowed.

She nodded, "you see! She was married to the heir of a kingdom named, Vadronia. you know! Back then, this island was not just an island! It was a despotic symbolism of wars, jealousy, land and power, divided  in different scattered kingdoms, ruled by different dynasties. Vadronia was a well known kingdom, ruled by the Kennedys'! Valentina was about 17 when she was married to Alford-"

"—who!?"- I interrupted, knowing, that I've surely heard this name before!

"Alford J.S. Kennedy! Valentina's husband, Vadronia's king!"- Hana replied, "why!?"

"..oh! No just.....nothing, never mind,"- I said, faking a smile.

Mother Katharine smiled back, as she continued, while my mind was stuck within that tomb, Alford's tomb!

"- so, Valentina was married to Alford, when she was just 17, she had a lot of expectations from her marriage. She fell for her passionate, kind and handsome husband in nearly no time. She was pretty, indeed, but her fear and insecurities were buried within her own soul. She was afraid, afraid of losing her husband. Alford was really passionate towards his kingdom and fought many wars, in order to annex land for his people. Unfortunately, Valentina couldn't understand his duty, she was being a bit selfish. Well, Alford, too, loved her wife, but he was unaware of the fact, that his wife was not happy with him, being the king of a vast kingdom, like Vadronia."- mother Katherine told briefly.
I sipped coffee, lost in the facts we were listening to!