The blue mark.

As mother disappeared, we all sat there, probably processing through the story. Lot of questions still equipped my mind. I glared around, Hana stood against the wall, her hands crossed, glaring into her empty coffee mug. On her left, Everin stood, biting his lips, staring at his fingers, when Hana rested her head on his shoulder, he held her waist, kissing her forehead. My eyes travelled towards Elena who smiled at me. I then looked at Ed, who was half asleep, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, he yawned so loudly that everyone stared at him.

Elena smiled and advised him, "Better get some sleep, boy!". I saw Ed going red, a burning red.

Leon stood up from his "couch- cum- bed", climbing the stairs, stretching his muscular arms. We watched him disappear, when Everin too, laid Hana on the bed, nearest to them, which was the, one arranged against the wall. He too followed Leon upstairs, hana was fast asleep on the bed. Ed stood up and walked to the bed, which was opposite to where Hana slept, yawning again, he threw the velvety blanket upon himself, which had appeared with the bed. Elena, smiled at me, and rested herself on the bed they were already sitting. Finally, unfolding my blanket, I too threw it upon me, a touch of comfort, took me to the end of heaven, where all I wanted was to close my eyes and drift away, somewhere far away from this chaos and concentrated environment. And I didn't know, when I was mindless, sleeping carelessly.....

Something happened, and I opened my eyes with a jerk. Sweating and breathing heavily, I glared around. Everyone else, fast Asleep. A touch of dim light falling on their faces, of the candle on kitchen slab. I gulped, felt that my throat was dry and stood up, making my way to the kitchen, I drank water from the clay pot beneath the slab. As I returned back to my bed , I was thinking about something, I never thought of before. Silently, I took out my gun from beneath the pillow. I had kept it here, before sleeping. The gun shined brightly, and it took me a second to realise, the blue sign! It's something.

It took me a second to forsee that the light emitted by the gun would be enough to break everybody's sleep. Thus I walked to the staircase and sat on the stair. My eyes glued to the light blue mark, and the same hue of light emitted by it. It was a semicircular ring concentrated in another semicircular, comparatively larger ring, with the other semicircle, completely the whole circle, filled with really small writing, which, was unnoticed by me yet. It was something I couldn't understand, turned out, It was not English or any other known language. It was a really strange language.

'What would it suppose to mean? This mark keeps coming up every time. On my gun, the parchment found in the tower. The gun! Where did Ed find it?'

My mind was still bewildered. My eyes travelled towards Ed, who was smiling as though dreaming about the love of his life! Obvio! I can't wake him up! I was just thinking all this! When I felt someone's grip on my shoulder! Elena was standing there, holding a soothing smile, her velvety blanket was wrapped around her.

"Can't sleep!?"- she asked me, as she sat beside me on the stairs!

I nodded and looked up at her, "you too!?"- asking back.

"Yeah! With your little brother lost in ...this bloody labyrinth, your life in danger, your friends in danger, and most importantly, after chugging mugs of coffee! It's quite easy to sleep carelessly, Isn't it!?"- she was staring at Ed, but she was smiling, a part of me thought she was being sarcastic, which indeed was just, but Elena wasn't like this!

"W-well! You know! He is as—" i began , trying to defend the poor boy sleeping and snoring.

"-I am not complaining!"- cleared Elena, "Its good to see someone living even in a situation like this! I mean to be very honest, I am dying every second here! Liam! He did nothing wrong! But, Ed, he has that control over his mind! I like him—I mean I like that control—you know what I mean!"- she hesitated. I nodded but a part of me smiled reflexly!
Something was off! It was the first time Elena sounded so...uncertain!

A minute of awkward silence followed by her casual question, "still love him! Don't you?"

"What—"- but suddenly I realised what she was talking about, I saw her pale hands , while I spoke- "I don't know! I really don't! Perhaps I don't miss him, but the way he made me feel, the memories, always hit different!"

She smiled as nodded, "That's not love , then!" She was being brutally honest. Brutal, yet honest!
The fear groped me, If I don't love him! I have none left in this world, none!

" you look, tensed!"- she asked, noting my expressions!

When I let out all the shit that had happened, in tomb, that text, I had kept a secret!

"Severe!"- she said as once, as I completed!

I looked at her with the most confused look!

"..its severe!"- she continued, "..your habit of hiding shit! Its not the first time, Grace! You kept your whole freaking past hidden! Now! This! Upsetting, really!"

"—ok yeah! I apologise! I shouldn't have hidden it from you!"- I told her, "but the fact, that text on that parchment had changed and I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, wasn't normal!?!"

"...this also clarifies that Alford is dead! Because the tomb, technically was his!" - she said!

I nodded, agreeing defensively.

"You should inform Mrs. Clyde!"- she advised at once, and her voice had supposedly taken over the burden I was buried within!

"...sure!?"- I asked, confirming!

"Why not!? I mean she is here to help us, right? It would be worse, hiding something from her, this important!"

She was right, absolutely right. I have trusted mother katherine the day I met her! Calling her "mother" isn't a drill! I should tell her everything I hold, the same way I would've told my own parents! Overall, she was the only one, I can rely on, after my parents' and my grandmother's death!

I glared at Elena, beaming, in a gesture of thanking her, she smiled back, as she stood up, nodding towards the gate, of the room mother had entered into. I took a deep breath and moved towards the room, Elena was standing there, against the stairs, blanket still wrapped around her shoulders.