7

"That's it. I'm going home. Pack your stuff, Hongjoong and Seonghwa-"

Wooyoung laughed at that and you glared at him. He raised his hands in surrender. "What? I'm only offering to help!"

"He's mocking me, don't you see?" You turned to your Right Hand and Advisor. "He purposefully announces that I am avoiding horse-riding, mentioning nothing of my injury so everyone would think I'm scared of horses- which I am, a little, also thanks to this brat!"

"Oh, come on, are you still sour about that one time? We were 13!"

You were 13, visiting Wooyoung. That was probably the summer your relationship started changing from inseparable friends to frenemies, mostly because Wooyoung was always pranking you and teasing you about something. He had played a prank with a horse, making you believe the horse had gone rogue and you almost thought you would die. He got a beating from his mother after that incident but that didn't stop him from being a smug ass and joking about it every now and then.

You were a bit traumatised after that and it always took you a while to get used to horses before you'd feel comfortable again. But this time, you really had your ankle injury as an excuse to avoid riding, though now your ankle was fully healed and it was about time you went back...

"I'll take my time getting comfortable with the horses. I don't trust him. I'm not taking up his offer, please translate it to him because he seems to not be understanding anything I've said so far."

Seonghwa groaned loudly. "You both still act like you're 13. Wooyoung, please stop being a jerk about this. And y/n... stop overreacting. If anyone else had offered you the same thing, you would have accepted."

"Yes, I would have, but this is Wooyoung!" You pointed at him and even Hongjoong started laughing along with Wooyoung. "I cannot trust him!"

"Really?" Wooyoung raised a brow. "You don't trust me with this, but you trust me enough to do other things-"

"Shut up," you glared at him, looking at Seonghwa. "What can I do to get him off my back?"

"I'll join, okay?" Seonghwa got up. "If Wooyoung tries anything funny I'll stop him."

"Does it have to be him?" You groaned.

"Honestly, you two need to work out your differences- you're both adults now," Hongjoong began and you almost cried. Your own court was ganging up on you. "I don't get you two. One moment you're trying to kill each other and the next..."

You met Wooyoung's eyes and he passed you a flirty gaze before winking, and you stifled a smile. Hongjoong seemed to have caught that- "See! I don't know what's wrong with you two. What do you say, Seonghwa? They look chummy enough to do this together, let's leave them be."

"Wait, what did I do?" You laughed but Hongjoong and Seonghwa weren't having any of it.

"They're kids, both of them. You, Princess, are going to be riding a horse by yourself by the end of this session, otherwise I'll make you do my paperwork for a week."

You passed Seonghwa a death glare before asking Wooyoung to lead the way, ignoring how the two snickered behind your back. Wooyoung was clearly enjoying it but he promised to be serious.

And surprisingly, he was serious. He made you feel out the horse, made you get comfortable with it until you could pet it, and then he made you walk it with you. You were squirming most of the time but started to feel comfortable after about half an hour, which was when he helped you up. You winced a little as you settled in front of him on the horse.

"What's wrong? Ankle still hurts?" He asked.

"Just wrong footing, it's okay," you told him and he patted your thigh.