five.

"Do it for me!"

"You already know what my boobs look like!"

Rachel rolls her eyes. "Evan doesn't!"

"He can find out eventually." I pull a hoodie on, covering the revealing shirt that Rachel wants me to wear. My phone buzzes on Rachel's vanity and we both look at the screen.

Evan: Hi I'm here!

Me: Cool one sec

"Go get him and I'll be down in the basement." Rachel says, walking out of the room. I tuck my phone in my pocket before walking downstairs and opening the front door. Evan's wearing a red sweatshirt that compliments him nicely.

"Hey," He grins at me. "This house is insane."

"Yeah, Rachel's parents are loaded." I step aside to let him come in. "She's down in the basement and Wilbur hasn't replied to us yet. We have some snacks and drinks downstairs, but there's plenty of stuff in the kitchen if you want something else."

"Okay, cool." He shoves his hands in his pockets before following me down into the basement.

I sit on the couch as Rachel kneels in front of a cabinet, looking through movies. She turns her head and smiles. "Hey, Evan. Nicky, Will just said he's coming over and he has weed. Evan, you mind if we smoke?"

"I'll join ya," He replies, sitting on the other end of the couch.

"I guess Sabrina is too sick to be with Wilbur." I say. "How sad,"

"Would be a shame if the hangover made her get a brain eating parasite." Rachel grumbles, looking at the back of a DVD.

"Such a shame."

Evan looks at me with a grin. "I take it that you guys don't like her?"

I roll my eyes and lean my head back against the couch. "She's a racist bitch who is a known cheater. We're just waiting for Wilbur to discover her real self."

"Oh!" He says. "Why don't you guys tell him?"

"He's so in love with her. He won't believe us." Rachel finally decides on a movie and puts it in the player.

We hear the basement door open and Wilbur announces that he's here. We look over to the stairs, expecting just him, but Sabrina pops up behind him.

"Speaking of the devil." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"Will, you know I don't like strangers in my basement." Rachel says, glaring at Sabrina.

"She's not a stranger." Wilbur replies.

Sabrina sits on top of Wilbur on the recliner, quickly making herself at home. "Plus, who's this guy?"

"I'm Evan," He replies.

"Oh," She smiles at Wilbur. "Is this the guy that Nicole wants?"

My jaw twitches and I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to not leap across the room and strangle her. But I expect her to say something like that. I didn't expect Wilbur to tell her my personal business

Evan stays still, but I see him smile out of the corner of my eye. I can't tell if that's just him trying not to laugh at the thought of me finding him attractive, but I don't even care.

"Shut up," Wilbur chuckles, wrapping his arms around her exposed waist and kissing her neck.

"I need a drink." I mutter, grabbing the open bottle of liquor off the coffee table as Rachel turns the movie on. She has me scoot over so I'm closer to Evan, but I still lean against her as we watch and share the drink. Wilbur and Sabrina share a joint while Evan takes his own, eventually sharing it with me, too.

Once the movie ends, Evan stands up with a sigh. "I should get home."

"You can stay over if you want." Rachel says with her head buried in a pillow.

"My mom said to be home before 1. Thanks, though. I'll just get an Uber."

Rachel and Wilbur say bye, Sabrina asleep against him. I stand up, and stumble a bit, before following Evan upstairs and outside. I sit next to him on the curb and trace my finger on the pavement.

"How was your first day in New York?"

He smiles at me and looks up at the sky. "Good, good. I was scared I wouldn't make any friends."

His car pulls up and we both stand. "See you tomorrow, I guess."

"Bye, Nicole." I swear he gives me a wink before getting in the car. I try not to obsess over it and go back downstairs, ready to sleep on Rachel's couch.

Thankfully, I never have super bad hangovers. I have a mild headache as I sit down in class, but Rachel's in pain, resisting the urge to lie down. Wilbur and Evan didn't drink, so they're happily gloating about it.

Evan switched to the desk next to me, so now I'm in between him and Rachel and behind Wilbur. As the teacher talks, my phone is hidden under my desk.

Evan: That's so cool :) My mom loves painting too I'm sure you guys would have plenty to talk about

Me: Oooo I should meet her sometime then.

Evan: Oh yeah for sure. I'll have to meet your mom too.

Me: She's dead ! So don't meet her anytime soon please.

Evan: Shit I'm sorry... I'll try to not meet her then

Me: Good. You got a girlfriend back in Colorado missing you ?

Evan: Haha nope, I had a gf freshman year for a bit but planning on going to Harvard requires alllll of my time. But now that junior year is over and I'm about to submit my applications I can relax a bit and have more time.

Me: Hmm good to know.

Evan: Do you have a boyfriend I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet?

Me: Nopeee. I've had two before and my last one ended in April, so I've had plenty of time to move on and be ready for a new relationship. If one comes along, of course

Evan: Of course. Do you plan on staying in NYC for art ?

Me: Yeahhh it would be a bit stupid to go somewhere else.

Evan: If I get into Harvard then we'll be four hours apart!

Me: Sickkkk. You down to hang out at Rachel's again tonight ? I'm not planning on drinking this time

Evan: Yep, I'm completely free tonight. And most nights. :)

Me: Also good to know. ☺️